Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell "as is"

Votes: 3 75.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I need a little input, advice or thoughts on an issue. I have a 2012 Optima hybrid that was in great shape. Battery was replaced about 1 year ago. 150k miles. A tornado came by my house and knocked down a tree, landing right on the roof of the car. It was totaled due to the damage to the roof and both rear quarters. However, the rest of the car is basically untouched. Still starts up, drives, etc. Even the interior is still great. Do you guys think it's worth going through the trouble of parting it out or should I just junk it. Local junk yard offered me $220. How in demand is the engine, transmission and hybrid system? I don't know guys, what do you think? Cut losses or try to sell some stuff?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
Too bad you're not local, as most would give you at least that amount.
There is always a market for used parts, but the problem is advertising, removing, the shipping of the parts, then junking what is left while the car sits at the house.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima Hybrid
83 Posts
I'd say list it somewhere and see if any person or shop wants it. If not or if you couldn't wait, you at least have junk yard option and you lose nothing but looking after it for few days.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 193K with Drag wheels.
416 Posts
I'd get my sawzall and make it into a convertible and then use it only out at deer lease!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts