Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the snow performance stage 3 meth kit on their optima? I installed a few weeks ago and only hooked the controller to spray using my boost as a reference but I would really like to wire into the fuel rail pressure sensor as well to take full advantage of the stage 3 kit but im having a bit of trouble. I am currently trying to get the signal reference from the FRP sensor at the ECU but im not having much luck. Was really hoping to avoid removing the intake manifold to get to the actual sensor to tie into if possible. Anyone have any advice/suggestions or anyone with this kit wanna let me know how you hooked it up i would really appreciate it! Vehicle is 2015 kia optima sx turbo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok still looking for any information to help me on this. Anyone know what color the wire is i would tap into at the ECU? The one I tried is black and #39 on this picture I've added but I get no FRP reading on the WMI controller. Haven't put a multimeter to it quite yet but this picture i posted was what I found for 2011-2015 but while searching for an answer it looks like the actual wire harness that plugs into the rail pressure sensor for 14-15 is a different part number for the 11-13 models so not sure if its correct or not. Probably will just have to remove intake manifold and get the signal reference from where the sensor is at but was really hoping to avoid that. Or I should just buy the repair manual 🤔

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts