Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys kind of stuck in a sticky situation here, my camshaft position scanner/harness broke off which is really unusual and odd. Dealership only sells main harness for $1200 so Im trying to see if any of the junkyards have any 3rd generation optima's. I was wondering if the scanners are the same from older generations such as an 07 and if I could use those if they don't have any 3rd generation ones. Thank you!

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,293 Posts
Can you clarify what you mean by broke off? Did a large rock fall inside your engine compartment, or did someone hit your engine with a hammer to break the sensor?

I don't understand what is the nature of the damage. Maybe there is damage to the wiring harness.

Or, did the harness wires get cut, so there is a break in the wiring between the harness and the sensor, but the sensor is OK?

Or did the sensor or its connector break off from the engine, where the harness wires are still intact but the sensor or it's broken part is dangling from the harness and not connected to the engine?

According to this video, you can swap the camshaft sensor yourself?

Here is another video showing the replacement:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts