Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima LX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has the top end rain x wiper blades, which came on the car and which are still in good condition.
However the longer blade, 26” I believe, almost always catches the 18” one. My sales person accidentally temporarily fixed it when I brought it to get checked out but it does not stop long. The service person he spoke to said that it would do it every tome if it was an issue with the timer.
Any ideas?
Sizes are correct.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
171 Posts
Silly question cuz I dont normally see them from that angle... driver/passenger.. what side are they on short/long

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,395 Posts
I would first measure the blades to be sure, and some can have the adapter that slides over the arm be put on backwards having a greater length on one side, so check to make certain the blade is equal on both sides of the arm.
At least you didn't lose your car.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,191 Posts
Oh man, don't trust anything, remove them, re-measure them, find the instructions for installation, and re-mount.

Or, just get replacements (you'll need them anyway) and see if the problem goes away after properly installing them. If the problem keeps happening, then you can look deeper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts