Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else experiencing the windshield wiper arm loosening constantly to the point I carry a 14mm Socket and ratchet to tighten it when needed,

Thoughts on thread locker, lock washer or other remedy?

Passenger side arm in my instance, driver side no problems.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
Never had a problem with any of my cars, but would look to add a lock washer and/or blue locktite to correct the condition.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
178 Posts
Anybody else experiencing the windshield wiper arm loosening constantly to the point I carry a 14mm Socket and ratchet to tighten it when needed,

If there are splines they could be stripped.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
Agreed - Dallas can you further explain what you mean about the wiper arm loosening?

Like, when it's loose, does it rotate freely, just flopping around while remaining on the spindle? Or is the problem that it slips off the spindle and completely disconnects from the car?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
43 Posts
which part or parts are not working specifically op? you know what has helped me in the past? when i needed to find out how to put together or install small items like windshield wipers or fuses and dashboard stuff, the website i purchased the items from had exploded diagrams and assembly models with all the parts including part numbers. what i think might help is you can find out by entering your vin at this site, find the windshield area, and maybe point out specifically which part/part number is failing the most for you: Kia Parts - Genuine OEM Kia Parts and Accessories Online . thats the place that helped me figure out where to put things or fix things when instructions were not included with the parts.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI
104 Posts

Your precinct shop cop-car mechanic will tell you what to use specifically. Or, take it to the dealer for free warranty work.

My 04' Colorado pickup antenna used to unscrew and loosen every year.
Thread-locker fixed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts