Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Optima SX: I just had my windshield replaced due to a large crack. Today, the ADS is turning on a lot more, not allowing me to turn it off. (I know how to manually turn off the automatic feature holding the button 3 secs, but I didn't have to do this before). So the AC is going off and on, not blowing cold air. Is this a different sensitivity, not being an original Kia windshield? Is this something Safelite did? Should I bring it back? I saw something about different windshield types, the new one does not have OEM or anything on it, but looks like the brand may be FUYAO Solartint.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
Not a big fan of Safelite, but if a Fuyao windshield it's probably made to OEM specs, but does the windshield have the defroster grid?
You're not the first one with a problem:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I took it back today and they replaced it, same issue. The sun was triggering it. So NOW they decided to order the OEM direct from manufacturer. Hoping this will clear up the issue and not have to deactivate the ADS. But its about a week, and will be the third trip to Safelite.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes. I took it back today and they replaced it, same issue. The sun was triggering it. So NOW they decided to order the OEM direct from manufacturer. Hoping this will clear up the issue and not have to deactivate the ADS. But its about a week, and will be the third trip to Safelite.
Did it fix it because I am having the same problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts