Kia Optima Forums banner

341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
2011 kia optima 2011 optima lx
161 Posts
Just had this done today. 18% all around and 70% on the windshield. Next come the badges, then wheels and tires and coilovers.

[iurl="http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=209017&d=1471736469"]
[/iurl]

Looks good

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,438 Posts
I recently went with SunTek Carbon series at 38% on the sides and rear. My son has this same brand at 25% and it is just too dark at night for my tastes with my older eyes. Also, 35% is the lowest legal tint in my state (TN) and I don't want to risk getting some stupid ticket over it.

All that being said, while I like the tint, I feel that I could have gone with something around 30% and gotten more of the look I wanted without compromising much in the way of night driving.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
380 Posts
It's funny, I got 20% all around (except the windshield) on the advice of a cop... He comes by my job to check on things, since I work overnight, and he, the night guard and I were talking. According to him, in my state the cops have more important things to do than pull someone over for dark window tint. The state law sets the limit at 35%, but everyone, him included, gets 20%, since 35% is garbage.

Just to cover my six, I got a doctor's note, since I actually have light sensitivity anyway, and that should smooth things out if it becomes an issue when the car gets inspected.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
109 Posts
I had my 2016 SX-T tinted back in September. I went with 35% all around (except the windshield) and really love the way it completes the car look for me.

I'd have went with 20% or lower, but I drive in NYC all the time and even in NJ dark tints can be a hassle.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
14 Posts
Just got my tint on the front sides and the small back windows done. It irked me that not only were the front sides really light and the back were dark, the small side windows were bubbly and peeling. He replaced those to match the back windows and put 35% on my front sides. I have no clue what tint is on the back window and back sides. Illinois laws (and small town cops) are a little ridiculous, so I'm hoping that being a good girl (and legal assistant) gets me out of any tickets. Charged me $100 to do the four.

18056012_10158878552570713_513422948419798481_o.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
279 Posts
I have seen so many uniformly bubbled tint jobs it looks intentional. Is there some parallel universe where that is actually a desired look?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
4 Posts
I got my windows tinted on my 2019 SX. I live in TX so the front had to be 30% and all the back are 15%, dealer used 3m, life time warranty. Looks great to me! IMG_3223.jpg IMG_3224.jpg IMG_3225.jpg IMG_3226.jpg IMG_3228.jpg IMG_3227.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
739 Posts
Nice car! The dark tint makes for a very nice contrast against the SWP of your car...although looks like one of your fingers decided to be a part of one of your car pics--LOL!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Just got mine tinted today. What a pain in the ass it was. Deal was when I bought the car, I could get 20 on all windows, salesman said "no prob". When I took my car in to the dealer, the service writer said they couldn't do illegal (35 is legal). So after talking to the manager, he just said to go pay for it myself and they'd reimburse me with the receipt. So I go to tint shop today and ask for illegal (15) and he said no prob but I won't get a receipt and I have to pay cash. No receipt, no reimbursement from dealer, fml. After explaining the deal 4x, he finally said OK and did a receipt saying he installed 35. Thanks for reading. Coolstorybro.img

edit: That's my gf's Kia Boregno in the background. Its nice, I wouldn't of stepped in the Kia dealership if I hadn't liked her SUV so much.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
18 Posts
Bought a used 2015 SXL a month ago. Rear windows and fronts were already tinted 5% rear, 50% fronts. I had a 5% windshield stripe put on and added ceramic tint to the sunroof 30% and had the fronts redone with ceramic 45% which is much better than the regular film.

341 - 358 of 358 Posts