Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to upgrade my brakes on my 2013 Kia Optima EX. I’ve seen alot of people use the XG350 on there cars. I haven’t been able to find a clear answer if that mod will only work on sxl models or if I can do it on my EX.

If it will work on my EX I just need to get 2013 SXL front rotors right? Does anybody have the part number for the calipers? I’ve seen a few different ones that say they are for a 2005 xg350 but they have different part numbers. Any help is appreciated !

· Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,414 Posts
might help:

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
might help:
Oh yeah I’ve spent a ton of time going through every thread possible lol - surprisingly not to much info about doing the brake swap on an EX. But a few members in the k5 optima FB group confirmed it will work as long as the vehicle has 17” rims , and that I purchase Sx/Sxl rotors. The only model it won’t work on is the Lx since it has 16” rims and won’t clear the rotor.

· Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,414 Posts
Don't know if anyone ever tried the conversion on the "smaller" rotors, but the
XG350 rotors are 303mm-11.9", compared to the EX, 300mm-11.8", but in one
of the threads it was mentioned that the 12.6" rotors seemed too large.
Good luck

· Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,575 Posts
I originally did this swap years ago. I swapped the larger rotors, the xh350 calipers but I also went to 18" tires as they look FAR better than those 17's. Worked just fine. I eventually swapped to 19" tires and even larger performance rotors with a performance braking kit at all 4 corners. GL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts