Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the OEM struts made for Korean model optimas will fit on the American as well? I’ve seen people on here that made the opposite work but not sure if this will work. I have the opportunity to get a set of brand new Korean struts for really cheap and would be nice if it was possible to make them fit

· Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,743 Posts
Check what your struts and stabilizer end links look like. Can you photograph them, to include in the picture the tabs on the struts where the links connect?

It's possible your car also has korean style struts where the end links are long and the tabs are down low. Or, you could have the US style where the end links are short with the tabs higher up.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check what your struts and stabilizer end links look like. Can you photograph them, to include in the picture the tabs on the struts where the links connect?

It's possible your car also has korean style struts where the end links are long and the tabs are down low. Or, you could have the US style where the end links are short with the tabs higher up.
Sure I took some pics yesterday. I compared them to the different struts where the links connect and I believe Mine are the US version since they sit lower down on the strut and not closer to the coil..

Here’s some pictures

· Registered
8 Posts
My '12 Optima SX was assembled 11/11 in Georgia. It had the "Korean" style struts and stabilizer links. I installed KYB loaded struts and had to get the short "USA" style stabilizer links. They went to these struts and shorter links by 01/12 on USA assembled vehicles. Otherwise no worries other than a cable tie to support the antilock brake sensor wire.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My '12 Optima SX was assembled 11/11 in Georgia. It had the "Korean" style struts and stabilizer links. I installed KYB loaded struts and had to get the short "USA" style stabilizer links. They went to these struts and shorter links by 01/12 on USA assembled vehicles. Otherwise no worries other than a cable tie to support the antilock brake sensor wire.
How do you like the kyb struts do they ride similar to the OEM ones? Did you reuse your OEM springs or get the loaded kyb struts and use there springs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts