Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bone stock car. Looking to buy full strut assembly and rear shocks. Monroe, Gabriel, etc... Not lowering.

I am just looking for good replacement struts and shocks. has anyone actually changed them out?

Monroe gives a number for a strut but no strut assembly and the rear shock number they give says only the hybrid.

The only thing I have found so far is some brand called UNITY on ebay.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima LX 1.6T
6 Posts

These are for use with lowering springs. If you want to use the same springs/same size springs these may not be what you're looking for.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
483 Posts
Bone stock car. Looking to buy full strut assembly and rear shocks. Monroe, Gabriel, etc... Not lowering.

I am just looking for good replacement struts and shocks. has anyone actually changed them out?

Monroe gives a number for a strut but no strut assembly and the rear shock number they give says only the hybrid.

The only thing I have found so far is some brand called UNITY on ebay.
KYB 3440061 rear shocks aren't hard to find for your vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KYB 3440061 rear shocks aren't hard to find for your vehicle.
Please show me somewhere I can buy them. Oreilley is the only place that shows them in stock for triple the price but they don't have them when you call.

Please find a link with them in stock and I'll buy them

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

These are for use with lowering springs. If you want to use the same springs/same size springs these may not be what you're looking for.
Yeah I found those in stock but I'm not looking to lower. I just want a regular shock that might be a little better than Kia. Looks like I am going to have to buy Kia

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
483 Posts
Yes. It's broken.
You said they aren't hard to find.
Where can I go buy them today?

The ones on ebay from Lithuania are not in stock. I already contacted them
The ones coming up in Lithuania aren't KYB but looks like KYB ones are in UK. If you need them today your only option is to call local autopart stores or go to the dealer which is probably not going to happen either.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
have you tried looking on rockauto.com
I have looked everywhere. They are non existent.

Anyone know of a different good brand? Monroe? Gabriel?
I found 5551 and 5646 in Monroe but I can't get a confirmation that either is actually the correct one. Monroe says they are not correct for my model but NAPA says they are correct.

KYB is for sure a correct shock but it can't be purchased.

I did not want to go with oem KIA shocks as they have seemed not great from new but that might be my only option aside from cheap generic ebay shocks.

Any suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts