Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the D2 CO's and the adjustable one they include but man those those things didn't last more than a few weeks. The boot on one is already wide open.

I was told you can use the stock endlinks but can someone help me out with that. Very confused. I was told 2012+ would work. Well my car is a 2012 and my endlinks aren't facing the correct position to bolt up to these D2's. I need the top mount to face towards me and the bottom to face away from me. The stock ones have the upper mount facing towards the rear of the car and the bottom mount facing away from you.

I thought I'd just order some on ebay but wow, there are pictures of what looks like the ones i need but then the compatibility selector says its' not compatible.

Do I need a 2011 endlinks or 2012 endlinks and how do I not end up with what I already have?

If anyone has a part # that would be awesome.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well according to that post. My original struts are the 2011 style because the upper end link mounts behind the strut instead of on the side.

So I'll see if I can find a set of 2011 specific end links on eBay.

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Okay yeah I give up. Its not possible to find the part I need specifically. If you Google 2011 Kia Optima Swaybar end links you may or may NOT get 2012+ bars. Also they'll show a 2011 part but say it's for a 2012 and vice versa. Also any that offer that little compatibility applet and choose 2011 its says NOT Compatible. Aaghh!

I thought I found a part #. 54830 2T000. Half show it as a 2011 endlink and the other half show it as a 2012 endlink. Ridiculous!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
D2s have the endlink mounts on the side like late 2012s and 2013s so grab a pair of 2013 oem stock endlinks.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
D2s have the endlink mounts on the side like late 2012s and 2013s so grab a pair of 2013 oem stock endlinks.

Thanks Bro!. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

The stock endlinks are longer than the the D2's. 11.5 vs 14.5 Will the longer stock end-links effect ride quality or change ride height?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Thanks Bro!. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

The stock endlinks are longer than the the D2's. 11.5 vs 14.5 Will the longer stock end-links effect ride quality or change ride height?
As far as i know of, no because a lot of sonata and optima owners who own late 2012s and 13s use their stock ones with no problem

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as i know of, no because a lot of sonata and optima owners who own late 2012s and 13s use their stock ones with no problem
Cool!. I'd hate to ruin that ride now that I got it all dialed in perfectly!. **** D2 endlinks!. ;)

Thanks again bro!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
My endlink boots are all torned up too but all i hear is clicking sounds from time to time so i don't really mind that much haha most of the time, I got my music up along with my exhaust so I don't really hear it haha

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My endlink boots are all torned up too but all i hear is clicking sounds from time to time so i don't really mind that much haha most of the time, I got my music up along with my exhaust so I don't really hear it haha
I wasn't sure what the long term effects of having those boots open like that would be. Clicking is all? Why do the D2 endlinks made so crappy?

The stock ones I found for $50 bucks should you ever decide to swap them out.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I wasn't sure what the long term effects of having those boots open like that would be. Clicking is all? Why do the D2 endlinks made so crappy?

The stock ones I found for $50 bucks should you ever decide to swap them out.
good question bro. and they're like over 100 bucks for a pair. eff that dude. Might as well pay half the price and grab a pair of stock ones and ride happy lol

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay so the new endlinks showed up today. The stock ones are 14in. The D2's I have adjusted at 11.5

The new ones are 10.75. Is this going to be too short to use?

---------- Post added 06-05-2014 at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-04-2014 at 09:07 PM ----------

Well I measured it again exactly from the center of the threaded bolt part. Its more like 10.5 when mounted. So would an inch shorter than what I have now cause problems or only just make the turns that much tighter? I'd hate to try it and then can't return the parts so if you have any thoughts on it please share.

Thanks!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to follow up in case anyone ever runs into this situation. The stock 2013 endlinks are part # 1017171

They fit just like OEM and I'm glad I replaced the D2 links. Both sides had damaged seals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to follow up in case anyone ever runs into this situation. The stock 2013 endlinks are part # 1017171

They fit just like OEM and I'm glad I replaced the D2 links. Both sides had damaged seals.
Hey I know, I'm way late. So according to your post you got the 2013 sway link and was able to use in on your car with the D2 coilovers. I'm having the same issue. I have a 2012 kia optima sx but it has the 2011 suspension set up and the sway link is too long to be used in the D2 coils overs. where did you order the sway links from if you remember? Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
Damian
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing