Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to 4th gen KIA. I have a '12 Optima SX, 107K. Just did the messy ATF fluid change and level check. Looks like the trans has just the two cooler hoses from the front of the trans to the radiator. Any suggestions on where exactly to put a Magnefine 3/8" filter? I don't know which direction the flow is going. BTW thanks to Turbonut for other advice on this site.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
268 Posts
I'll work on either line, pick the easier one to install/replace (annually) yet make sure to orient filter in correction direction, has an arrow...

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,226 Posts
It can be installed on either line, but a vehicle that's been in service >5,000 miles, it should be installed in the return line per Magnefine.
On in-service vehicles (more than 5,000 miles), the filter should be installed in the return line from the cooler to the transmission. On any vehicle that has experienced any transmission difficulty, the filter should be placed on the return side.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll work on either line, pick the easier one to install/replace (annually) yet make sure to orient filter in correction direction, has an arrow...
I did the upper line (inlet). The bend in the preformed hose lets the filter sit away from the intercooler and battery. Just a 3" to 4" length of new hose from the filter to the radiator. I did not have to cut any existing lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts