Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So have been having a lot of rain here lately and noticed that my Led DRL's and my Fog lights wont turn on. Thinking might be a fuse. Cant seem to find the fuse for the foglights. Anyone know where it is ? Looked at the diagram in the engine bay and the one below steering wheel and dont see anything that says fog lights. Any help or suggestion would be awesome

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats where the fuse block is but i dont see one listed as FOG lights. I guess I can just check each individual one. Or test to see if its getting power. I put in a quick disconect connector on the power to the DRL that way i can disconnect it and take bumper off without wires attatched to it

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Well the Owners manual isn't specific, but on page 7-55 (thanks KGIS) you can see the following:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Real nice of you to help. It's not in the manual.

It's in the engine compartment. Little black box by the battery on the right hand side.
The underhood fuse box has a multifuse that protects several circuits in the IPS module (one of which is the fog lamp circuit). There is no individually replaceable fuse for just the fog lamps.

Well the Owners manual isn't specific, but on page 7-55 (thanks KGIS) you can see the following:
The fuse in this chart is for the rear fog lamps, which aren't present in North American models.

The fog lamps are protected and powered by the IPS module near the passenger cabin fuse box. They are electronically switched and protected by this module and it communicates with the BCM via CAN-Bus.

If they are not coming on, they could be shutting themselves off due to a short in the fog lamp circuit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Opened the hood during lunch and traced all the wires and well I found the problem. Helps if you dont have a loose wire with no power to it lol. But a but connector on it and now we are good to go. LED's work and one of the fog lights work. Figured maybe it shorted and blew the bulb. Better than then the DRL's. THanks for everyones replys tho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts