Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 SX Turbo, 116,000 miles on it. Recently I was driving in heavy traffic and honked at someone about to come into my lane on top of me, and when I did it's like the whole electrical system shorted--the AC started blowing warm air, the brakes were "heavy" and not responsive, same with the power steering. It was alarming, but I thought it was a one-off. It's happened a couple of times since. Has this happened to anyone else? I hate to pay the dealership big bucks if I just need replace a fuse, but I live in Houston and really need to use my horn! LOL

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
171 Posts
I have a 2013 SX Turbo, 116,000 miles on it. Recently I was driving in heavy traffic and honked at someone about to come into my lane on top of me, and when I did it's like the whole electrical system shorted--the AC started blowing warm air, the brakes were "heavy" and not responsive, same with the power steering. It was alarming, but I thought it was a one-off. It's happened a couple of times since. Has this happened to anyone else? I hate to pay the dealership big bucks if I just need replace a fuse, but I live in Houston and really need to use my horn! LOL
Grounding issue somewhere maybe? Have you had any recent work done?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grounding issue somewhere maybe? Have you had any recent work done?
I did have some work done on my A/C prior to it happening. Would a regular repair shop be able to check that, or should I take it to the dealership?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
171 Posts
I did have some work done on my A/C prior to it happening. Would a regular repair shop be able to check that, or should I take it to the dealership?
Maybe call that repair shop and tell them the problem and if anything they did may have screwed with anything. then if it was me i'd see how many volts are going through the horn fuse and put 12 volts to it with a separate wire if it is 12 volts and if it doesn't do all the other issues it could be something within the steering wheel to the circuit. maybe a ground in steering wheel or clock spring or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts