Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 kia optima crdi 2
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, an enquiry from from uk,
can you please help guys ,2014 optima 2 ,got standard 18" kia optima alloys ,( not pizza style ). i dont want to lower car or change to bigger wheel, was thinking i would like to perhaps use spacer to push wheel out a bit to the arch ,will this harm the steering etc and how far would you go ,dont want any probs with rubbing .
also,
have bought pizza style alloys as well ,need refurb ,dont want black any ideas to be different pls ,was thinking have them re diamond cut then paint "insert" blue ???

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,597 Posts
Spacers won't harm anything, but the only problem is that the thickness needs to be monitored so as to leave enough thread for the lug nuts. Some say 6 full turns is needed, so turn the nut on 6 turns and check the difference between the nut and wheel. You can also place washers over a couple of studs, put the wheel on and check nut turns and add washers to get the correct thickness, then you'll know.

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Hi, I just put 3mm billet spacers on mine with the 2015 18" wheels and no issue at all, the lugs easily pass the 6 turn idea and are tight every time I check. I did use a bit of blue thread lock for a little extra assurance. Have not driven a lot due to the nature of things, but every time I get back I do check and no issue. 3mm does not sound like much but the eye can easily detect it and I love the slightly wider stance and no chance of rubbing fenders.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
562 Posts
If you really want to space out your wheels, go with a 20mm set. They have their own studs, and secure to the stock hub. No risk of rubbing, and I've run my set for a few years now with no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts