Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,437 Posts
that is bad ass dude. very impressed! good idea too!

·
Registered
2014 optima 2014 Optima SX
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
After I restock on supplies I'm planning license plate, my custom glow emblem plates for hood and trunk, custom led side vents made by me, custom side skirtz with leds, Fog lights, front grill under glow, cup holders, a plate to sit wear the USB and cig lighters go, front ac ventz , and foot wells. Not over doing it you think??
Everything will be wired together I plan on also upgrading the contorler to use android device to change colors I just have them set to red to match my car. The lights kick on and of with alarm ar /disarm and also proximity too. I drew power from interior fuse with a piggyback so I didn't have to do anything spiceal for them to do this.

I will be taking photos along the way. I also am planing a bumper painting diy sense I'm a cheap ass and a new o es $500.00 I can get paint And supplies.for $80 worst case I pay someone else to spray it ... And don't be stealing all my ideas fools j/k.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima
10 Posts
Thanks for posting this! This is exactly something I wanted to do with my Optima but wasn't really sure how to pull it off. I'll probably use heavier gauge aluminum in 1 solid piece so there is only 1 seam (my dad installs rain gutters so I have an unlimited supply to aluminum). You can get a roll of super bright LED strips on Amazon for 12 bucks if you want a single color or pay like 25 for full RGB with light controller. Where did you run the wires into the car or is everything external to the cabin? I was planning on doing LED's around the entire perimeter of the car since there are plenty of flat spots to attach to. The wiring is the only reason I haven't tackled this yet. I'll be using some Geocel sealant to seal everything up so it's water tight because we have tons of salt on our roads in the winter. I really need to get a winter rat!

I'm assuming these are very illegal to drive with? What about if they were hooked up to the signal lights so they blink when you turn? Just throwing out ideas.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've seen a lot of bikes here in sc with these lights, never seen anyone pulled over! they are illegal!
The car clubs here have shows and the owners leave the lights during the show, looks great!

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,437 Posts
After I restock on supplies I'm planning license plate, my custom glow emblem plates for hood and trunk, custom led side vents made by me, custom side skirtz with leds, Fog lights, front grill under glow, cup holders, a plate to sit wear the USB and cig lighters go, front ac ventz , and foot wells. Not over doing it you think??
Everything will be wired together I plan on also upgrading the contorler to use android device to change colors I just have them set to red to match my car. The lights kick on and of with alarm ar /disarm and also proximity too. I drew power from interior fuse with a piggyback so I didn't have to do anything spiceal for them to do this.

I will be taking photos along the way. I also am planing a bumper painting diy sense I'm a cheap ass and a new o es $500.00 I can get paint And supplies.for $80 worst case I pay someone else to spray it ... And don't be stealing all my ideas fools j/k.
Any more of your work to link us to??

21 - 27 of 27 Posts