Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just passed 1,000 miles and my ECO score is...... 48. For those of you with the Nav, the earth is looking fairly green, I still have a patch of grey hovering over Canada. Plenty of green leaves on the other screen as well. During the first 1,000 miles, the computer states 34.8 mpg (about 50% street/50% highway driving). What's yours???

Attachments

·
Banned
3,283 Posts
What did I forget in Syracuse? The OP has less miles and such a higher score that it sounds ridiculous. It's like he is pushing his car from the back all the time.

I hope to realize the high mileage on summer trips. If it still stays at 26 MPG, I might start moving in the refund direction.

·
Registered
650 Posts
3096 miles, Eco score of 114.

Lots of city driving. When I have the time on the weekend I'll take it on a road trip just to put some highway miles on it.

Calculated mileage is all over the place regardless of what kind of driving I do. 24 mpg to 33 mpg. Always fill up and make sure the fuel gauge indicates full, but it is weird that at times where I would expect it to take on say 6 gallons, it takes 7 1/2 and other times it is the other way around. Even though this drives me crazy, the offset is the 15 mpg I use to get with my Toyota FJ Cruiser.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Outstanding! Now I have a goal to beat! LOL; with gas over $4.00/gallon in No. California, I'm delighted driving such a comfortable car with outstanding gas mileage. Thanks so much for your post,

·
Banned
3,283 Posts
mine hit 9 and 27 MPG today. I did enjoy the country scenery though, just missed all the snow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Long time lurker to the board but I am one of the few with a very very low ECO score. My hybrid has almost 5K miles and my score is a WHOPPING 10.

I bought the hybrid on a spur of the moment whim because I was tired of my 2006 Pacifica sipping gas at a clip of 200 miles to a full tank of gas.

I have had my car almost 8 months but do mostly city driving in heavy heavy stop and go traffic in Boston.

Not the best eco score but still only have to get gas every 3 weeks and am averaging 26MPG from my records.

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow, that's nuts, perhaps you reset the eco score at some point?

Nope haven't reset it at all. I probably don't drive it all the times as a Hybrid either (have a super lead foot at some points). Doesn't help that with two kids have to warm the car up in the cold cold before driving. Summer time should be better since A/C doesn't require engine. Not the best MPG in the world but beats my alternative which was a little less than 11MPG in my Pacifica and would cost 60-70 to fillup each week!

·
Registered
16 Posts
How the heck do you guys do it? I'm at about 2300 miles and my eco score is only 4! My average MPG is about 28, although I suspect it might be because of the short 2 mile drives to work and back everyday. Don't use it much on the highway. Any tips on what might be wrong or how to get more MPG?

·
Registered
650 Posts
schroed3r

Like snowman said, "You got to drive it". Get it out on the open road and put some highway miles on it. I do just that, just to put highway miles on it, which in essence is a waste of gas, because there is no other reason to be going down the road, but that is just me.

I'm like you, but my commute is 8 miles round trip and all at 40 mph or below with stop and go traffic.

It took me a while to realize that this is not a golf cart, it weighs a whole lot more than that. A cold engine pulling a mid size sedan is not going to get the high mpg or eco score you want, until you get up to highway speed and no traffic lights or congestion.

·
Registered
223 Posts
@Schroed3r, umm... get a bike? Seriously, at 2mi trips back and forth, you're better off leaving the car in the garage and getting a bike. I don't know what kind of neighborhoods you would have to go through, but a bike might be a better alternative and use the car for longer trips.

When it's not snowing, I ride 35mi round trip back and forth from work 2-3x/week. It really is doable.

·
Banned
3,283 Posts
I'd like to start taking my bike to work soon. Been dreaming about it for 2 years now. Problem is that I have to travel through some heavily driven roads, all 3 lane, at least 40 mph and no bike lanes. The other route is 50% winding road, still with no bike lanes, often driven with no-yielding, green hating bums. No offence.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts