Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
At least with that mileage you won't need to worry about an engine problem for quite a while.
Going back a "few" years, but my uncle had a '69 Nova I got after he passed away in 1990, 17,000 miles.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know Kia and Hyundai owners with over 150k on their cars? And yes, some of them are GDI.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI
104 Posts
I know Kia and Hyundai owners with over 150k on their cars? And yes, some of them are GDI.
They are 2019s?.... as this thread inquires about?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked our mileage today, it is 2,902 miles. I purchased it for my wife, and she is ill and can not drive, so it sits in the garage. I need to drive it around and run the old gas out of it.
Our 2012 Ford PSD has 21,785 miles on it, and our 2014 Jeep Wrangler has 31k plus on it.

When my wife gets better, maybe we can take some trips and get some miles on them.

I think the average mileage per year on most cars is around 12k.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If we talk 4th gen, my '17 Optima (owned from Nov '17-Aug '20) had 19K miles on it when I traded it in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, if we didn't respond there would be no replies. Got to like mooney201, nice guy with a wild Falcon.

Best wishes to the wife for a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the kind words.

Speedy recovery is not in the books.

1. Severe Osteoporosis
2. Mac lung infection.
3. medication for Mac lung infection made her loose her eyesight.
4. medication inflammed optic nerve and inner ear, causing sight and hearing loss.
5. sinus infection
6. cancer on the upper lip
7. she is on oxygen
8. ls now 98 pounds and five foot seven.
Items 3 through 8 happened in one year, 2019

We are Christians and we know God has a plan. There are many people who are praying for her. At 77 years old, it is not easy for her.
My life is on hold because I am her main care giver, and that is the way I want it. Married to her for 48 years.

·
Registered
49 Posts
3. medication for Mac lung infection made her loose her eyesight.
4. medication inflammed optic nerve and inner ear, causing sight and hearing loss.
Any chance that the medication that you are referring to is Cipro, Levaquin or similar family antibiotic?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2011 Optima has 163,000 miles, with no problems. I have taken average maintenance care of the car. The optima has average 21mpg - city and 32 mpg-highway. I recommend installing a oil vapor catch- can, in that the intake valves do not a cleaning process due to the GDI system. There are GDI intake valve products that help clear the build up of carbon and oil vapor. Just an opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts