Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as Kia has these inspection/maintenance packages that range from $200 to $500, I don't want to spend $700 to $800 a year on maintenance costs that are unneeded for a like-new vehicle (2018 Optima with only 14,000kms).

If my engine fails, is it absolutely necessary that I had to get all of the packaged maintenance done at Kia or would oil changes at correct intervals suffice?

Thinking of doing the Kia Packaged Maintenance at 6months (includes oil change) and getting my oil changed at a local garage at 12 months. Would cut my yearly maintenance costs in half.

-- Live in Canada

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
You could call Kia corporate to be more certain but I am pretty sure only evidence/receipts would be required for warranty work (where is applied). Besides motor oil/filter receipts, I'd save air filter and any thing else important just in case.

Not sure about Canada, but it is against the law to require dealer service for warranty work. Luck.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
I would say that as long as you do the "idiot" items (That is to say, the standard maintenance items any idiot should be able to do on their own, with minimal equipment) You'll be fine.

Idiot Items:
Regular Oil Change
Regular Tire Rotation
Regular visual inspection of common wear items (wipers, door seals, pedals, linkages, etc.)
Regular tire wear check
Basic fluid levels check/replenishment
Replace intake and cabin air filters at regular intervals
Inspect, and Recharge air conditioning at regular intervals
Regularly wash and vacuum your car (This one's surprisingly important)

Just exercise some common sense, and you'll be fine.

And as the guy above me said Save Your Receipts!

·
Registered
2018 kia optima LX
44 Posts
mostly oil changes at 5,000 or 6 mo with their filters + any oil meeting the spec. + DIY is fine just keep records + receipts!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts