Kia Optima Forums banner

1241 - 1260 of 1260 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
$20,995 + TTL for a 2016 SXL Turbo in Horizon Blue with 32k miles. Concord, CA. There’s only one blank plastic button, so I think I it’s fully loaded :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
I paid a high amount, Brand new 2015 sx turbo, ticked every box for upgrades, window tint, window shades, mats etc, extended warranty. Been paying 660 lease, and I plan on buying it out after 48 months, about 10 months from now for 14 grand more. Seems crazy high, but still half of what the Cadillac wanted for the 1 I was looking at.

I still love this car, knock on wood, but nothing has ever gone wrong. I only dealer service and 3-500 dollar oil changes are normal. I go for oil change, and then something else gets recommended as part of the service plan. I just say go ahead do it. I have kept the car the same as it was when I bought it. 90k on it now, still tons of warranty left.

Only thing I did was when 1 of the dash speakers went, rather than get it replaced under warranty, I put 4 audiofrogs up there and sound system sounds even better. Makes me wonder what it sound like if I replaced all the speakers with audio frogs, which I likely will at some point knowing me.

Sometimes I feel like I'm paying or paid to much, but after having about 12 cars or so through my life, this car, by a really far margin, is by far, my most favorite and I want to keep it forever as I just love, loving my car. It will be a sad day when I have to say goodbye to it. Its just so fast, so comfy, the music sounds wonderful, its a joy to bomb around in, and I find myself looking forward to driving it. That feeling is worth something IMHO.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,093 Posts
I paid a high amount, Brand new 2015 sx turbo, ticked every box for upgrades, window tint, window shades, mats etc, extended warranty. Been paying 660 lease, and I plan on buying it out after 48 months, about 10 months from now for 14 grand more. Seems crazy high, but still half of what the Cadillac wanted for the 1 I was looking at.

I still love this car, knock on wood, but nothing has ever gone wrong. I only dealer service and 3-500 dollar oil changes are normal. I go for oil change, and then something else gets recommended as part of the service plan. I just say go ahead do it. I have kept the car the same as it was when I bought it. 90k on it now, still tons of warranty left.

Only thing I did was when 1 of the dash speakers went, rather than get it replaced under warranty, I put 4 audiofrogs up there and sound system sounds even better. Makes me wonder what it sound like if I replaced all the speakers with audio frogs, which I likely will at some point knowing me.

Sometimes I feel like I'm paying or paid to much, but after having about 12 cars or so through my life, this car, by a really far margin, is by far, my most favorite and I want to keep it forever as I just love, loving my car. It will be a sad day when I have to say goodbye to it. Its just so fast, so comfy, the music sounds wonderful, its a joy to bomb around in, and I find myself looking forward to driving it. That feeling is worth something IMHO.
HOLY MOLY!! That is a very high amount of money to pay for a lease on an Optima. How long was the lease for?

I leased a brand new 2015 Kia K900 back in 2014, and it was the fully loaded VIP edition, and was priced at $68,995.

The lease agreement which was really bad at the time since the car was still brand new and had just came out was:

$3,000 down payment, and $624 a month for 36 months.

·
Banned
3,284 Posts
I paid a high amount, Brand new 2015 sx turbo, ticked every box for upgrades, window tint, window shades, mats etc, extended warranty. Been paying 660 lease, and I plan on buying it out after 48 months, about 10 months from now for 14 grand more. Seems crazy high, but still half of what the Cadillac wanted for the 1 I was looking at. I still love this car, knock on wood, but nothing has ever gone wrong. I only dealer service and 3-500 dollar oil changes are normal. I go for oil change, and then something else gets recommended as part of the service plan. I just say go ahead do it. I have kept the car the same as it was when I bought it. 90k on it now, still tons of warranty left.Only thing I did was when 1 of the dash speakers went, rather than get it replaced under warranty, I put 4 audiofrogs up there and sound system sounds even better. Makes me wonder what it sound like if I replaced all the speakers with audio frogs, which I likely will at some point knowing me.Sometimes I feel like I'm paying or paid to much, but after having about 12 cars or so through my life, this car, by a really far margin, is by far, my most favorite and I want to keep it forever as I just love, loving my car. It will be a sad day when I have to say goodbye to it. Its just so fast, so comfy, the music sounds wonderful, its a joy to bomb around in, and I find myself looking forward to driving it. That feeling is worth something IMHO.
Anyone within a sound of my voice, visit https://forum.leasehackr.com/ before you lease your next vehicle. You can get a $45k Q50 for $325 a month right now with just drive offs. Steve, whoever you are, I'm sorry. This car will end up costing you $46k. Next time, please hire a broker for a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That feeling is worth something IMHO.
Well, intangibles are worth something. Yes, I think you are paying way too much for that car. However, if you can afford it and it's worth the price to you, then I guess that is all that really matters.

When you eventually get a new car though, even if all the extra stuff is worth it to you, that doesn't mean you can't negotiate or get a lower price. You can learn and be smart about it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does anyone think it is a good deal: $18,300 out the door for a 2014 SXL with 18k miles? Perhaps I could do a poll.

It's my own car that I lease.
I think the price is worth it. 18,000 miles is nothing on a 3-4 year old car, and the fact that you were the sole driver and don't have to worry about the unknowns usually associated with buying used is alone worth some value. I also just checked KBB and $18,300 is about in line of what it says for an Optima with your trim and mileage in very good to excellent condition. Looks good to me.

·
Banned
3,284 Posts
I think the price is worth it. 18,000 miles is nothing on a 3-4 year old car, and the fact that you were the sole driver and don't have to worry about the unknowns usually associated with buying used is alone worth some value. I also just checked KBB and $18,300 is about in line of what it says for an Optima with your trim and mileage in very good to excellent condition. Looks good to me.
I think that's the plan. I get $18-20K for private party on KBB, taxes and fees not included, so total out the door for this car would have been at least $20K.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2015 Kia Optima SXL ...dealer demo...bought April 2016 with 4 miles (they just got the car) and I paid 30k for it...great deal imo so it justified the small options that tact on several grand for the SXL trim. IMO the 2015 SXL looks the sportiest of all the Optima models and generations of Optima. I love the Nappa leather with contrast stitching the quad fog lights and heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel in the winter is a must for 45 min commute to work and its -15F outside...👍 can you tell I really like the car...lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
2015 Kia Optima SXL ...dealer demo...bought April 2016 with 4 miles (they just got the car) and I paid 30k for it...great deal imo so it justified the small options that tact on several grand for the SXL trim. IMO the 2015 SXL looks the sportiest of all the Optima models and generations of Optima. I love the Nappa leather with contrast stitching the quad fog lights and heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel in the winter is a must for 45 min commute to work and its -15F outside...👍 can you tell I really like the car...lol

·
Super Moderator
433 Posts
Bump an old thread ot is there a new one.

What is everyone paying for the 2019s?

About to get my parents an
Optima EX premium in Maryland
You should make a new post for this in the 4th Gen Optima forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 KIA optima sx turbo corporate lease 1 owner bought it with 58,000 miles after car trade in i got it for $ 12,300. Cars in great condition. So far I love it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 Kia Optima Hybrid w/ Harmon Kardon system 7 miles, sun roof leather power everything high beam auto dim and just about everything else except remote start which was dumb on my part. Paid $36k before trade in. Love the car but the HK speaker system sucks because all speakers are made of paper not even composite.

·
'MURICA
100 Posts
Bought used 13' SXL in 15' with 13K miles for $23K.

1241 - 1260 of 1260 Posts
About this Discussion
1.3K Replies
588 Participants
Irongoats
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing