Kia Optima Forums banner

1201 - 1220 of 1260 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
New to the site. My blue 2011sx I picked up with 54k miles for $17.5k. Love the car, it's my new daily. Can't wait to mod it a little bit :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
2012 SX T-GDI fully loaded (nav, infinity sound, pano roof, paint protection 3m film) 24,700 miles. full extended 10 year warranty till 2022 on entire car. 23k out the door. Oh and 2 brand new tires and all software updated to current.

-Shane

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just now seeing this thread...I bought mine brand new in September 2013. Blue 2013 SX Turbo fully loaded; Nav, Infinity sound, pano roof, heated/cooled front seats (black leather w/ the holes), heated back seats, backup camera, electronic folding side mirrors, paddle shifters on steering wheel, NO SPARE TIRE (I will ALWAYS check that before I buy another new car). I talked them down to $28,500. I think the sticker was $32k, maybe $33k, I can't remember. Absolutely LOVE the car! I always get compliments on it & there's only 1 other blue SX in my town. IMHO, the blue really makes the Optimas look sporty. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
2014 LX 45,000 miles for $14,000 along with 2 free new tires due to one of the old tires having a nail in it. I must have picked it up during the test drive.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Just now seeing this thread...I bought mine brand new in September 2013. Blue 2013 SX Turbo fully loaded; Nav, Infinity sound, pano roof, heated/cooled front seats (black leather w/ the holes), heated back seats, backup camera, electronic folding side mirrors, paddle shifters on steering wheel, NO SPARE TIRE (I will ALWAYS check that before I buy another new car). I talked them down to $28,500. I think the sticker was $32k, maybe $33k, I can't remember. Absolutely LOVE the car! I always get compliments on it & there's only 1 other blue SX in my town. IMHO, the blue really makes the Optimas look sporty. :thumbsup:
You got a nice deal - way to go!

·
Registered
119 Posts
2011 SX with 54k miles, purchased August 2014, $17,300 plus another $2,000 for 5yr/50,000 warranty.

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
I could've sworn I replied to this thread last year with my price....

My deal was a little complicated as I got a good finance rate to begin with at a price of about $32,000 OTD on my 2014 SXL (with all the options, which aren't many --- locking lug nuts, trunk liner, cargo net, everything but mud flaps) with about 7 miles. After 3 weeks of me taking delivery they called me back and told me that I'd have to sign at a higher finance rate or put more money down (I already put down $1500 and had a trade-in that I had about $2000 worth of equity in). I offered to return the car to them if they couldn't honor their contract. They didn't think I was serious so they gave me back my trade in, and I returned their car. They claimed that they would have to issue a check to me the following week to return my $1500. After a week had passed and I had to tell my salesman that I was going to show up in 3 days and expected my money in my hands, whether it was cash or check. On the 3rd day, I called my salesman, left him a VM to tell him that I was en route. He called me back to tell me that he was able to make a deal happen with the same terms as before, sort of.

Apparently, they went with a different finance company and dropped the price they were asking for the car by another $2000 in order to keep the numbers where they were, although I actually wound up paying about $5 less a month. I figure I did ok getting $6,000 off of MSRP, even though $36,000 for these cars seems kind of steep, IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my black on black 2012 SX turbo used for $21,500, it had 10k on it. Bought at the dealership. I walked out on the sales guy and then went back and forth with them for a few days on a couple cars, they were originally asking $25,500 for mine. My sister tagged along with me to look at the kias. They originally told me the certified preowned warranty would be an additional $900 then they kept changing the price. One of the other optimas I looked at was a brand new 2013 white hybrid. They said I could have that car for $21,000. (But once I drove the turbo, I was hooked). So I asked them what would they give me if they could make two car sales right then. ...I told them I wanted the certification warranty for free. They said okay, and I went home with the black turbo and my sister bought the white hybrid. Funny thing was, she wasn't even looking for a car, but she really liked the optima, and she said she couldn't walk away from a brand new hybrid at that price, and I was psyched I got the 100k mile warranty for free. And I love my car! Sad to say I now have 38k+ on it. But I love driving it.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I realize I paid too much. I didn't negotiate at all. Never have when buying a car. I normally lease and given the monthly payment is lower, as long as it fit my budget, I was happy. Well financing is a whole other can of worms. I got taken. around $32,00 for the EX with premium sound and premium interior. I don't know how much I could have paid for it. I have never learned how to negotiate. I need to take someone with me that knows how to do this and someone I can learn from. I did tell them to throw in the all weather mats, which they did do but I am sure I could have gotten at least a grand off, if not more. I really needed a car given my lease was up and, for some reason, I always want to believe they are giving me the best price. It is as if I turn into an idiot the minute I walk into a car dealer. They must pump something into the air....

In all honestly, I couldn't believe how nice the car was for that price. My Lexus IS was 10K more and didn't have some of the features the EX has. So, I guess I figured I was already getting a good deal. But I could have gotten an even better one.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

You got a nice deal - way to go!
In regards to the no spare tire, same here. I couldn't believe it wasn't in there. Never had a car without a spare. So strange. I didn't even think to look. I mean, how many people think about a spare, especially when every car they have bought has had one? Plus, I have never had a flat (knock on wood) so never actually needed it. I am going to spring for it though because, with my luck, I will get a flat now that I don't have a spare. I have roadside assistance but without a spare, what are they going to do?

·
Registered
66 Posts
LMAO! Probably some badass weed. :lol:
I think you might be right. They actually have a kitchen in the middle of the showroom where they bake cookies. I asked, "Is this Kia or IKIA?"

1201 - 1220 of 1260 Posts
About this Discussion
1.3K Replies
588 Participants
Irongoats
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing