Kia Optima Forums banner

1201 - 1220 of 1259 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
92 Posts
New to the site. My blue 2011sx I picked up with 54k miles for $17.5k. Love the car, it's my new daily. Can't wait to mod it a little bit :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia K5
5 Posts
2012 SX T-GDI fully loaded (nav, infinity sound, pano roof, paint protection 3m film) 24,700 miles. full extended 10 year warranty till 2022 on entire car. 23k out the door. Oh and 2 brand new tires and all software updated to current.

-Shane

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
21 Posts
Just now seeing this thread...I bought mine brand new in September 2013. Blue 2013 SX Turbo fully loaded; Nav, Infinity sound, pano roof, heated/cooled front seats (black leather w/ the holes), heated back seats, backup camera, electronic folding side mirrors, paddle shifters on steering wheel, NO SPARE TIRE (I will ALWAYS check that before I buy another new car). I talked them down to $28,500. I think the sticker was $32k, maybe $33k, I can't remember. Absolutely LOVE the car! I always get compliments on it & there's only 1 other blue SX in my town. IMHO, the blue really makes the Optimas look sporty. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2014 Optima Kia
35 Posts
2014 LX 45,000 miles for $14,000 along with 2 free new tires due to one of the old tires having a nail in it. I must have picked it up during the test drive.

·
Premium Member
2014 Optima-Black
1,119 Posts
Just now seeing this thread...I bought mine brand new in September 2013. Blue 2013 SX Turbo fully loaded; Nav, Infinity sound, pano roof, heated/cooled front seats (black leather w/ the holes), heated back seats, backup camera, electronic folding side mirrors, paddle shifters on steering wheel, NO SPARE TIRE (I will ALWAYS check that before I buy another new car). I talked them down to $28,500. I think the sticker was $32k, maybe $33k, I can't remember. Absolutely LOVE the car! I always get compliments on it & there's only 1 other blue SX in my town. IMHO, the blue really makes the Optimas look sporty. :thumbsup:
You got a nice deal - way to go!

·
Registered
2011 optima optima
119 Posts
2011 SX with 54k miles, purchased August 2014, $17,300 plus another $2,000 for 5yr/50,000 warranty.

·
Banned
2016 Chevy SS
1,215 Posts
I could've sworn I replied to this thread last year with my price....

My deal was a little complicated as I got a good finance rate to begin with at a price of about $32,000 OTD on my 2014 SXL (with all the options, which aren't many --- locking lug nuts, trunk liner, cargo net, everything but mud flaps) with about 7 miles. After 3 weeks of me taking delivery they called me back and told me that I'd have to sign at a higher finance rate or put more money down (I already put down $1500 and had a trade-in that I had about $2000 worth of equity in). I offered to return the car to them if they couldn't honor their contract. They didn't think I was serious so they gave me back my trade in, and I returned their car. They claimed that they would have to issue a check to me the following week to return my $1500. After a week had passed and I had to tell my salesman that I was going to show up in 3 days and expected my money in my hands, whether it was cash or check. On the 3rd day, I called my salesman, left him a VM to tell him that I was en route. He called me back to tell me that he was able to make a deal happen with the same terms as before, sort of.

Apparently, they went with a different finance company and dropped the price they were asking for the car by another $2000 in order to keep the numbers where they were, although I actually wound up paying about $5 less a month. I figure I did ok getting $6,000 off of MSRP, even though $36,000 for these cars seems kind of steep, IMO.

·
Registered
2012 Kia SX
4 Posts
I got my black on black 2012 SX turbo used for $21,500, it had 10k on it. Bought at the dealership. I walked out on the sales guy and then went back and forth with them for a few days on a couple cars, they were originally asking $25,500 for mine. My sister tagged along with me to look at the kias. They originally told me the certified preowned warranty would be an additional $900 then they kept changing the price. One of the other optimas I looked at was a brand new 2013 white hybrid. They said I could have that car for $21,000. (But once I drove the turbo, I was hooked). So I asked them what would they give me if they could make two car sales right then. ...I told them I wanted the certification warranty for free. They said okay, and I went home with the black turbo and my sister bought the white hybrid. Funny thing was, she wasn't even looking for a car, but she really liked the optima, and she said she couldn't walk away from a brand new hybrid at that price, and I was psyched I got the 100k mile warranty for free. And I love my car! Sad to say I now have 38k+ on it. But I love driving it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima Titanium Gray 2016
66 Posts
I realize I paid too much. I didn't negotiate at all. Never have when buying a car. I normally lease and given the monthly payment is lower, as long as it fit my budget, I was happy. Well financing is a whole other can of worms. I got taken. around $32,00 for the EX with premium sound and premium interior. I don't know how much I could have paid for it. I have never learned how to negotiate. I need to take someone with me that knows how to do this and someone I can learn from. I did tell them to throw in the all weather mats, which they did do but I am sure I could have gotten at least a grand off, if not more. I really needed a car given my lease was up and, for some reason, I always want to believe they are giving me the best price. It is as if I turn into an idiot the minute I walk into a car dealer. They must pump something into the air....

In all honestly, I couldn't believe how nice the car was for that price. My Lexus IS was 10K more and didn't have some of the features the EX has. So, I guess I figured I was already getting a good deal. But I could have gotten an even better one.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

You got a nice deal - way to go!
In regards to the no spare tire, same here. I couldn't believe it wasn't in there. Never had a car without a spare. So strange. I didn't even think to look. I mean, how many people think about a spare, especially when every car they have bought has had one? Plus, I have never had a flat (knock on wood) so never actually needed it. I am going to spring for it though because, with my luck, I will get a flat now that I don't have a spare. I have roadside assistance but without a spare, what are they going to do?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima Titanium Gray 2016
66 Posts
LMAO! Probably some badass weed. :lol:
I think you might be right. They actually have a kitchen in the middle of the showroom where they bake cookies. I asked, "Is this Kia or IKIA?"

1201 - 1220 of 1259 Posts