Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water is leaking on the passenger side of my car and I’m positive it’s the AC drainage hose? (Not too sure exactly what it’s called but I’m hoping you know what I’m talking about) can anybody help me with where to access the hose so I can clear it out? Pretty sure it’s clogged and that’s causing the water spillage inside the car. Thanks!

·
Registered
17OptimaSXL
2 Posts
I had the exact same issue when I had the 2014 LX. It’s definitely a clog. Took it to my mechanic and it was an easy fix. Definitely get it done ASAP because if you have a passenger, water will spill onto their shoes and shin area of leg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Water is leaking on the passenger side of my car and I’m positive it’s the AC drainage hose? (Not too sure exactly what it’s called but I’m hoping you know what I’m talking about) can anybody help me with where to access the hose so I can clear it out? Pretty sure it’s clogged and that’s causing the water spillage inside the car. Thanks!
Was this covered under warranty? I’m having the same issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same issue. Had it with my 2014 Optima and just happened yesterday with my 2019 Kia Sportage with only 7000 miles. What I’ve noticed in both cars, is a swooshing sound with a hard left turn then I see dripping under the dash and floor is wet. This is obviously a design flaw in Kias.

·
Registered
13 Ebony SXL Turbo Touring & Tech Pkgs: Original Everything 195K Drag wheels
440 Posts
It happens to various vehicles, sometimes. Just find something firm yet pliable to insert into drain pipe underneath vehicle near passenger side. That will dislodge gunk which is holding the water from draining out the pipe. Make sure the cabin filter is changed regularly, excess dust/dirt is the gunk holding the water from draining. Luck.

·
Registered
2017 Optima EX
218 Posts
This happens because there ecoil under the dash has never been serviced. If you go to the dealer they charge $125 for it.
They use a pressurized can of foamy cleaner that’s injected in the drip hose under the car.

You can do it yourself ifyou change your own oil AND have the car front end jacked up. Just buy a couple of cans
KOOL IT on Amazon. It comes with a long very thin rubber stem you shove all the way up to the ecoil box inject the foam till can is empty pull the hose out and it comes back out as liquid. Makes the ac smell good too.
i try to do it on my Optima every oil change.
I have always used this on my cars never a clogged ecoil drip Hose. AC smells nice after. And works great.

Be aware if the dealer does this they use a 2 can process one can is like Kool it to clean the evap and also another can of disgusting perfume they inject in the fresh air dam. Makes your car interior stink.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts