Kia Optima Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
WOW
:failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::adminkick::doublefacepalm:

yep

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
392 Posts
WOW
:failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::failtrophy::adminkick::doublefacepalm:
Oh god SMH

·
2014 ROTY
2016 Cadillac ATS Luxury
2,575 Posts
It looks like as recent as a month ago there are still complaints. That doesn't bode to well for you Tom. Hope you guys make it right. Still I could find a bad video on just about every mid to large company in the U.S. You will always here more from the bad experiences than the good. But in this case, no refund is unacceptable and that one issue could cost you 10 X the customers.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I also had nothing but problems with this company. There are far better vendors on here to order from then these guys. There is no customer service.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
340 Posts
That video INFURIATES me. Don't know whether it's company policy or that chick is a moron and needs to be FIRED.

I've received an item that wasn't as described. Despite me being very clear that it was their fault, I still had to pay for return shipping. At least I did get a refund (but only after I reminded them).

In contrast, I've made many separate purchases from Karbon Koncepts and K5OptimaStore and I cannot say enough good things about them.

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,926 Posts
I guess it's time to put my two cents in...

I have read this highly entertaining 5 page thread and have the following thoughts.

1) This is a Vertical Scope owned site. I am the Admin on another VS owned site and I have never seen the Admin on any site or the VS corporate staff allow multiple vendors to "duke it out" and basically have a public cat fight. Should have been stopped and taken private way quicker then 5 pages in. Knowing many many people who work at VS personally I am surprised this has been allowed to go on and so much back and forth without moderation.
As I'm sure you're also aware, different sites are ran in different ways - regardless of the owner.

When I started here, there was no order, no active staff, and around 1500 members. Now look at what this forum has become. We got where we are now by NOT restricting the flow of free speech and open debate, and that's how I plan to keep it.

The members of this forum are not only fellow enthusiasts, but they're just like family. We look out for each other, speak our mind, and share our ideas/knowledge. I am more than happy to let these two vendors talk out their issues, because as an ex-KAI customer myself, I know what kind of crap you might have to deal with when ordering from this company. Everyone here deserves to know BOTH sides of the story. Plain and simple. I respect your opinion and input, but that's not how I like to do things aorund here. And I'm sure many of the members will agree that it has worked out pretty well for us so far. This isn't NewTiburon.Com, after all. ;)

But, as stated above KAI will have their feet held to the fire if they don't produce some actions to follow their words, because if one thing is true about this forum, it's that people aren't afraid to voice their opinions, and that's how it should be.

I know this is an intro thread, and I know we've gotten off topic, but I think it's fair to say that a lot of us members feel like this was opening Pandora's box, and it should be expected that some of us are going to have some pretty strong feelings about KAI becoming a vendor here.
I'm one of them. I've dealt with them on multiple occasions, and never had a good experience. As an admin of this site, it puts me in a difficult position. I'm not a fan of KAI and the history associated with them, but they are a paying vendor and they deserve a chance to make things right.

I've received an item that wasn't as described. Despite me being very clear that it was their fault, I still had to pay for return shipping. At least I did get a refund (but only after I reminded them).
I've posted about my experiences before. Including receiving the wrong side mirror twice, while having to pay to ship them both back. I gave up after the third screw-up, and bought my mirror somewhere else.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
392 Posts
The members of this forum are not only fellow enthusiasts, but they're just like family. We look out for each other, speak our mind, and share our ideas/knowledge.
And that's why we love this forum :D tbh I used to log in once a week or month, but now I check in every hour or as much as I can.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
but man she sounded seriously unprofessional
I thought she was the only good thing about that video. She is just an employee doing her job of relaying what her superiors told her. She stayed calm and collected no matter how many times the same questions was asked to her. She gave consistent and concise answers. She sounded disappointed to have to be in that position. Again, not her fault... just doing her job.

My wife, who works for a large insurance company/bank said the same thing. And she is an expert on call center professionalism... lol. She gets SERIOUSLY irritated when phone reps don't know how to do their job or aren't professional.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
1,621 Posts
I thought she was the only good thing about that video. She is just an employee doing her job of relaying what her superiors told her. She stayed calm and collected no matter how many times the same questions was asked to her. She gave consistent and concise answers. She sounded disappointed to have to be in that position. Again, not her fault... just doing her job.

My wife, who works for a large insurance company/bank said the same thing. And she is an expert on call center professionalism... lol. She gets SERIOUSLY irritated when phone reps don't know how to do their job or aren't professional.
You may have hit on a potentially unsolvable aspect of what people are worried about. Just as she was doing what she could, the fundamental operating procedure is flawed to where she was powerless to help. So just as she failed to help solve the obvious problems, so to will a PR person fail to help solve the problems. You will feel good and hear good words, but that just can't fix the problems caused by the fundamental structure of how things work. Adding more fresh apples to the barrel by hiring more pr people won't change the fundamental issue of the rest of the barrel being filled with rotten apples. Perhaps you could say that even if all the apples were replaced with fresh ones, it won't matter if the barrel is broken and contaminates the apples.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
340 Posts
The CS rep should have acknowledged the illogical and contradictory actions of the company and offer a follow-up. Horrendous CS skills. Staying "calm" is just a small portion of it.

If KAI doesn't offer this guy a refund, I'm done with this company and will let others know how bad this company know given the opportunity.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.