Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
As another person previously stated, the best method to producing the best look for any vehicle is achieved through the prep and polishing work. Essentially, your flattening the clear coat to achieve maximum clarity. After achieving this, I'd recommend using BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protectant. Allow this to cure for 24 hours and then top with BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax. The finish produced when using these products in combination, along with the proper prep steps is incredible. I used this combination on a 2012 Black Lexus ES 300 and it was stunning! Feel free to go to my webpage (google search my forum member name and it will come up). Then select Gallery. Their you'll find the before and after photos of the vehicle I mentioned above.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
As another person previously stated, the best method to producing the best look for any vehicle is achieved through the prep and polishing work. Essentially, your flattening the clear coat to achieve maximum clarity. After achieving this, I'd recommend using BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protectant. Allow this to cure for 24 hours and then top with BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax. The finish produced when using these products in combination, along with the proper prep steps is incredible. I used this combination on a 2012 Black Lexus ES 300 and it was stunning! Feel free to go to my webpage (google search my forum member name and it will come up). Then select Gallery. Their you'll find the before and after photos of the vehicle I mentioned above.
BlackFire products are great IMO... I have the Wet Diamond Finish myself...

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Those look sweet KMG - nice job!

I'm thinking to try out that BlackICE since I have black. Being it's a paste - do you apply it directly onto the paint and spread with pad on low or do you apply spots onto the pad like liquid?

Have you ever tried Reload?

·
Registered
30 Posts
BlackICE is nice, however I think Pete's is my favorite out of the group. They are all pretty easy to use and will give a nice deep wet look. Typically I like to apply wax by hand, however if you do want to use a machine you can flip the container upside down and rub the wax around on the face of the pad. You will need to make sure the wax came loose from the container however to do this.

I have used Reload quite a bit, however I do not use all that much anymore other then on wheels or door jambs. I stopped using it for quite awhile as there were some issues with the formula that were causing a lot of people to have issues with smearing. I believe they have solved that issue now however, but I have not really felt the need to use it much anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
BlackICE is nice, however I think Pete's is my favorite out of the group. They are all pretty easy to use and will give a nice deep wet look. Typically I like to apply wax by hand, however if you do want to use a machine you can flip the container upside down and rub the wax around on the face of the pad. You will need to make sure the wax came loose from the container however to do this.

I have used Reload quite a bit, however I do not use all that much anymore other then on wheels or door jambs. I stopped using it for quite awhile as there were some issues with the formula that were causing a lot of people to have issues with smearing. I believe they have solved that issue now however, but I have not really felt the need to use it much anyways.
I appreciate that feedback and since I have an open mind going into this I'll try the Pete's instead and let you know how it worked out for me. However, it seems like that won't be for a while since we're expected to get 1"-3" snow my way. I'm in no rush to detail yet until I know we're going to warm up. Then it's detail time so I can watch the front get creamed with all the fresh new bugs. The first few back-to back warm days is like a bug smorgasborg here in the mountains.

I read some reviews with what you said about Reload streaks/smears and that's why I figured to ask you. I may try it to add to my order. I'm anxious to get the PERL since I liked the look you were showing in your pics.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I will add Meguiar's Quick wax to the list.
http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/a1616-quik-waxreg/#MgMe7XotAeDur4AW.97

I used it yesterday and the results are very good.

I was able to wash, dry and wax my car in less that one hour with this product.

You do have to use a microfiber cloth for good results though because shop towels just spread the wax around since it is like water, but microfiber towel quickly buffs the wax into the paint and remove the excess at the same time.

I will use the Turtle Wax Black edition I committed on earlier in a different black car wax thread as a touch up product to this product.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts