Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrench touched metal while pulling multi fuse causing sparks. Now there is no power to the vehicle whatsoever . Asked someone and they said most likely the multi fuse is blown and needs to be replaced . Anyone have any suggestions?
1A88FDD9-71A9-4898-BB9F-BE495153199D.jpeg

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
I'd first check the 180A fuse at the positive terminal. If ok, then you'll need a multimeter to check where the power stops.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting a multimeter later today . Thank you . Called Kia and they were absolutely no help. Anyone have success ordering parts online ?

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
Normally any part found online and ordered no problems, at least I've never run into a problem with an OEM or aftermarket supplier.

Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
For future and others reading ... Do you have in the Under-Hood Fuse Box a -- Plastic Fuse Puller-- that on mine is in one of the box corner locations? Assuming it's usable for inside, that should eliminate future sparks.

Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
Some aftermarket sellers will sell on Amazon and ebay, and can be pretty quick. I've had a part arrive in like 2 days, and it came in an amazon box even though I purchased on ebay. I think that seller just follows the same shipping procedure regardless of which website processed his order.

Anyway, you could try Amazon and pay extra for quick delivery. But very likely the part from the same vendor will be cheaper via ebay, and if lucky will take the same time for shipping.

But it's a bit of a crap shoot. At minimum, just shop around at different parts vendors. You'll also need to make sure to go all the way to check out because the trick is that some places have high parts prices but low shipping prices, where others are the reverse, so you won't know who has the lower overall price unless you make sure to see the total of parts + shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts