Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX 2L t-gdi IL4cyl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only driven fords for the last 10 years but I test drove this car and loved it blah blah blah. I want to warm up my car yet not be inside the car and still keep my doors locked. I have not been able to figure this out yet. I'm in NE Ohio and I hate winter. I'm planning on getting a remote starter but it hasn't happened yet. I have the push to start and when my car is on I can't lock my doors or open the trunk with the fob while the engine is running which is the opposite from my past Fords. Any Suggestions before I get the remote start?? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
148 Posts
Get this you won’t be disappointed. Very easy to install yourself if your handy. Have one on my car and love it. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That's more than I had hoped to spend. I'm thinking about this one.. https://smile.amazon.com/MPC-Factor...1-104------------&vehicleName=2013+Kia+Optima
But if it does't work out I'll look into that one as well. I was mostly looking into a solution where I don't have to get a remote starter. I could start my car and still lock the doors, walk inside and then come back when my car is warm. I'm going to try some things tomorrow with having 2 fobs but I'm not confident it will get the results I had with my past fords.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
148 Posts
The store usually has discounts around Black Friday. But it’s well worth the money. Lots of options other than just remote start.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
148 Posts
And the owner David is always available for help. He contributes a lot to these forums as well so you will have plenty of support.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured it out!!! For anyone else that cares.. You can be inside your car with the fob to start the engine. I can leave my car with the fob but I have to lock the driver door with the actual key. I will look into that Canbus control Module.. Thanks!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,964 Posts
Thanks @Bob2C for the kind words.

@drt054 welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2013 Optima SX-L model.

Let us know if you have any questions about the product we sell, but as Bob mentioned, it is much more than just a remote starter.

The "Stop & GO" feature allows you to be able to lock and unlock your doors, even when the engine is running.

-David

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
12 Posts
That's more than I had hoped to spend. I'm thinking about this one.. https://smile.amazon.com/MPC-Factor...1-104------------&vehicleName=2013+Kia+Optima
But if it does't work out I'll look into that one as well. I was mostly looking into a solution where I don't have to get a remote starter. I could start my car and still lock the doors, walk inside and then come back when my car is warm. I'm going to try some things tomorrow with having 2 fobs but I'm not confident it will get the results I had with my past fords.
Agreed, 300 is way to much I could get an after market remote start installed for less than half of that.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,964 Posts
Agreed, 300 is way to much I could get an after market remote start installed for less than half of that.
Remote starter installed with parts and labor for less than $150?

Wow, if that were the case, I would jump on that right away, never heard of a deal that cheap.

Also, the product we sell is much much more than a remote starter, with many other features included.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,209 Posts
Remote starter installed with parts and labor for less than $150?

Wow, if that were the case, I would jump on that right away, never heard of a deal that cheap.
LOL I'm a bit skeptical of that claim myself but then again maybe he knows of a shade tree mechanic/installer who'd be willing to do it for very cheap or possibly free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.