81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
WE DID IT!

You da man, thanks. Great Vendor!
Yes we sure did. Thank you Will! I really appreciate you saying that and for your continued support.

Thank you David, very much appreciated by myself and all the other buyers I'm sure !!.........K5OS delivers once more !
A pretty successful GB ..yes?
Julian you are very welcome. Yes absolutely, at first I was a bit concerned considering we paid for 20 of the intercoolers up front in order to secure pricing low enough for the group buy, and it started off a bit slow. In the end I think it worked out great for everyone. Thank you for being a part of the GB!

Thank you so much David!!!!thank you for organizing the group buy!!!we appreciate your effort And the $75 off :grimacing:
Miko, my pleasure. Thank you for being part of the group.

That's awesome guys, thanks for participating as I know there was a lot of interest and its an expensive part, made less expensive by you all's participation! Hope everyone that PM'd me got the answers they were seeking as well. Good luck with the installs.
Jason, thank you!! Without you being the first to try it out and provide the results, this may have never happened to began with. So I think everyone owes you a special thanks for being the guinea pig to began with.

Just completed my install!
Glad to hear you got it installed. Thank you again for your order with us as well.

Works great and thank you David!
You're welcome Owen, glad you were part of the sale as well.

$75 is a great discount!

Thank you David @ K5OS and all the others who put all the effort into getting it for me!
I appreciate your order with us and you are very welcome. You almost missed it but made it through with only an hour or two left. :thumbsup:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
All of the $75 refunds have been issued, If you did not receive a notification of the refund, please let us know.

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Kia Optima sxl
64 Posts
Finally installed the intercooler.it took me good one day to finish it all up(with some breaks).car seems much more responsive for sure!
The process installing this thing was quite a challenge and I'm not mentally or physically challenged lol.
I do want to mention..that I would love to punch in da face the person that designed the placement of the 3 screws that holding the bumper on both sides(on the headlights level)...what a pain in the ass!!!
Also sliding out the stock IC was no problem,but putting the Wagner one in was like a Olympics in gymnastics!!Holly mother of Jesus...I was about to give up for sure and then I figured out the way (sliding it in the narrower side straight In)...oh and the clamp on the bottom!!!!...had to buy a special tool...
anyway...after all I'm a pretty happy camper.
good luck to everybody that will attempt this installation

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Finally installed the intercooler.it took me good one day to finish it all up(with some breaks).car seems much more responsive for sure!
The process installing this thing was quite a challenge and I'm not mentally or physically challenged lol.
I do want to mention..that I would love to punch in da face the person that designed the placement of the 3 screws that holding the bumper on both sides(on the headlights level)...what a pain in the ass!!!
Also sliding out the stock IC was no problem,but putting the Wagner one in was like a Olympics in gymnastics!!Holly mother of Jesus...I was about to give up for sure and then I figured out the way (sliding it in the narrower side straight In)...oh and the clamp on the bottom!!!!...had to buy a special tool...
Glad you were able to get it installed, sorry to hear you had so much difficulty with the install. We always recommend professional installation if a customer is not comfortable with the installation process. Good to know you are happy with the end result!! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Found 3 bolts of the frame i took off and gave enough room to left up and slide the new IC into place. 2 to the right and 1 to the left. Not to bad of install aside from fitting it in and the bottom hose, but nothing to bad. Threw on new headlights while bumper was off too. If only the new 5050 drl had come in too...

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
117 Posts
I agree it was a job and a half and doing it alone didn't help. I had all the problems you had and more.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,491 Posts
Found 3 bolts of the frame i took off and gave enough room to left up and slide the new IC into place. 2 to the right and 1 to the left. Not to bad of install aside from fitting it in and the bottom hose, but nothing to bad. Threw on new headlights while bumper was off too. If only the new 5050 drl had come in too...
Nice work my friend! Looks great and I bet those horns scare the crap out of unsuspecting people! :D

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Glad to hear the install was pretty straightforward for you Will. DRL's installed now? :)

I agree it was a job and a half and doing it alone didn't help. I had all the problems you had and more.
Sorry to see you had some difficulty with the installation. Everyone has different levels of experience when it comes to working on cars. We always try and recommend professional installation with things like this. Happy to hear you were able to get it installed though.

Nice work my friend! Looks great and I bet those horns scare the crap out of unsuspecting people! :D
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Been waiting almost a month now for mine. Still not here. According to the tracking number I got it still hasn't even been picked up by UPS. Yet when I email the K5Optima Store I get chastised for not being patient.

Plus my name is listed twice in this thread as having paid.

I hope you all are enjoying yours. I'm about to have to initiate wire fraud proceedings in an attempt to get mine.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Been waiting almost a month now for mine. Still not here. According to the tracking number I got it still hasn't even been picked up by UPS. Yet when I email the K5Optima Store I get chastised for not being patient.

Plus my name is listed twice in this thread as having paid.

I hope you all are enjoying yours. I'm about to have to initiate wire fraud proceedings in an attempt to get mine.
Wow oh wow is all I can say. Tracking info was sent to you on June 1st, and your intercooler was delivered to your doorstep this morning at 10:50am.

We sent you the updated tracking info the same day your order was shipped out. Also you were never chastised for emailing us, just sending multiple messages through Facebook and email on a Saturday and not getting a response on a Sunday before we come into work on a Monday is unfair and unreasonable. If you have an issue, you can always pickup the phone and give us a call during regular business hours which are located on the homepage of our site.

Proof of delivery today, 1 week from the day it was shipped on June 1st.

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,926 Posts
You guys need to calm down and stop crying fraud at the first chance of a problem. Especially when Karbon Koncepts went 6 months without any response to multiple members and no one seemed to notice or care.

Some of us like to enjoy our weekends with our friends and families - myself included - so you have to be patient and reasonable when you don't get a response from a vendor or forum staff member on our day off.

FYI - David's hours are clearly displayed in his signature

·
Registered
15 Posts
You gave me the wrong tracking#. Because the one I have still says UPS never received it.

But I did indeed FINALLY get it this morning.

K5OS is STILL a great vendor. David is still a great guy and a good vendor. Things just went sideways on this and my time scale to get my car finished was completely wiped out.

I'll admit my mistake contacting David about the issue on FaceBook messenger. But if you had been waiting for almost a month and your tracking# still said it wasn't even out for delivery, what would YOU do?

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,926 Posts
You gave me the wrong tracking#. Because the one I have still says UPS never received it.

But I did indeed FINALLY get it this morning.

K5OS is STILL a great vendor. David is still a great guy and a good vendor. Things just went sideways on this and my time scale to get my car finished was completely wiped out.

I'll admit my mistake contacting David about the issue on FaceBook messenger. But if you had been waiting for almost a month and your tracking# still said it wasn't even out for delivery, what would YOU do?
I completely understand wanting to know where your product is, especially an expensive one like this. I'm like a kid waiting for christmas when it comes to car parts. All I'm saying is, you have to try your best to be patient, and don't go throwing around claims of fraud at the first sign of trouble. There's two sides to every story!

What would I have done? I would have sent an email or a message and waited for a response. If it was on a weekend, I would assume that they wouldn't even see the message until the open of business on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,491 Posts
Makes me look like a saint waiting 6 weeks for stuff direct from Korea! Heck I've been waiting for me Saikou Michi oil catch cans for 3 months now!

BTW, TwoTif, as soon as you think you are done with the car, you'll think of something else you need or gotta have soon thereafter. All I wanted was different badges and now we are over a year later, thousands of dollars more and I'm still at it. haha I'll probably need someone to take away my car before I stop! :)

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,454 Posts
Makes me look like a saint waiting 6 weeks for stuff direct from Korea! Heck I've been waiting for me Saikou Michi oil catch cans for 3 months now!

BTW, TwoTif, as soon as you think you are done with the car, you'll think of something else you need or gotta have soon thereafter. All I wanted was different badges and now we are over a year later, thousands of dollars more and I'm still at it. haha I'll probably need someone to take away my car before I stop! :)
FWIW: It took SM slightly over 10 weeks to get my two OCCs made and to me, but I am completely satisfied with the result.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Thanks guys. Glad you received it twotif. Many times when we have our automated system sending out tracking emails, they go to a customers spam folder. So if you don't see tracking info and are expecting something to be shipped, always check your spam/junk folder to see if it went in there. Also if anyone needs to reach us urgently, we can be reached by telephone about 8-10 hours everyday. The telephone number is on the homepage of our site.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts