Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Has anyone had their EX grill seperated? What I am referring to is removing the chrome garnish from the grill by releasing the tabs and removing the screws? I currently have my grill off to wrap and it would be so much easier if I had the chrome garnish removed but I am afraid that those tabs in the back are too delicate and will snap. If I knew that the screws that you remove are enough to hold the grill and chrome garnish together then I won't worry so much if I break a few of the tabs but I need some reassurance before I try to seperate both pieces. If anyone knows I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just did mine, not too bad I like it. Probably better to remove it and easier, but did the best tuck job I could. Overall looks badass and have enough for the door handles tomorrow. :cool: and only cost me 28$ shipped for the 3m carbon fiber.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,221 Posts
Just did mine, not too bad I like it. Probably better to remove it and easier, but did the best tuck job I could. Overall looks badass and have enough for the door handles tomorrow. :cool: and only cost me 28$ shipped for the 3m carbon fiber.

Very nicely done! I had mine wrapped the same exact way almost 2 years ago now. Still holding up strong as it was the first day. ;)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
10 Posts
This looks awesome! Does any one know how well this will hold up in New England, Rough winters with salt from he roads. Anyone have experience in that?

·
Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
551 Posts
I tried to wrap my console, around the gps and heat and air conditioning nobs. I messed up big time. I used a whole roll. Ended up putting it back together looking the same. I suck at wrapping.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts