Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 15 optima lx 2.4. At idle it has a slight but noticeable vibration. When shifted to neutral, the vibration goes away. Also has a slight tick, had a co worker tell me the rockers may need adjusted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Motor mounts? Spark plugs? Lemon?

70k miles if it helps.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,772 Posts
Rockers aren't adjustable, at least not without, I believe shims. The HP fuel pump makes quite a ticking sound when running, and no cel on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, no check engine light, no codes, nothing. Drives great and its not a bad vibration just enough for me to notice. May be normal, going to try some GDI cleaner tomorrow and premium gas to see if it helps.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
121 Posts
Just bought a 15 optima lx 2.4. At idle it has a slight but noticeable vibration. When shifted to neutral, the vibration goes away. Also has a slight tick, had a co worker tell me the rockers may need adjusted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Motor mounts? Spark plugs? Lemon?

70k miles if it helps.
Thanks,
I have a 14 with the 2.0 and mine is the same way. Been like that since day one. Drives just fine. Some are like that some are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima Hybrid
83 Posts
My previous car had a cracked spark plug causing continuous vibration. Spark plugs are cheap, you can start from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
would like to continue the thread of vibration subject

I have Optima 2015 , 2.4 GDI - engine G2KJ

situation is that there is slight vibration while sitting at driver's seat
it comes in waves (appears / disappears) - you can feel it with your legs
position is on P

Similar type of vibration is when you drive and at traffic signal you stop
while holding your leg on the break pedal with D mode
you start feeling slight vibration in waves coming to your leg

uploaded video via link