Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have noticed that when the road is damaged my kia optima 2013 hybrid is very noisy, it sounds like someone is hitting on the plastic body, or so.
I have attatched audio clip for that.
Please tell me what part can be damaged.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
170 Posts
Anything can be damaged.

Any plastic part. Any plastic clip. Literally anything. The only way to narrow it down would be try to figure out front or back.

It might be best to just live with it unless you can figure it out pretty easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything can be damaged.

Any plastic part. Any plastic clip. Literally anything. The only way to narrow it down would be try to figure out front or back.

It might be best to just live with it unless you can figure it out pretty easy.
can that be a damaged steering wheel rubber?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
9 Posts
My 2011 had what sounds like the same noise. It ended up being the stabilizer bar linkage. Seems to be a common problems from what I've read. Pretty easy and inexpensive fix.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,675 Posts
My 2011 had what sounds like the same noise. It ended up being the stabilizer bar linkage. Seems to be a common problems from what I've read. Pretty easy and inexpensive fix.
This is what I would recommend looking into as well. (y)

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
344 Posts
Just the other day, I saw a 4-5 yr old optima with its left rear stabilizer linkage hanging down about 5", not a common sight yet there it was. That would rattle like heck over bumps....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts