Kia Optima Forums banner

341 - 360 of 361 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
I did them myself, I'm a do-it-yourself kind of guy.
Nice, I'm not much of a DIY type of guy, but I did mine on my Optima and K900 myself as well. Gotta admit there's something rewarding about doing it on your own.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
109 Posts
3.0 K Badges installed finally as of last week. Love em.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
3.0 K Badges installed finally as of last week. Love em.
Thank you for your order with us Chris, as well as for posting up pics for others to see.

Love the way they look on the new 2016+ Optima models. :)

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
12 Posts
Just placed my first order from K5 Optima Store for a sweet set of K 3.0 badges for my 2015 Optima! Can't wait until they arrive! :D

·
Registered
Optima SX Turbo
80 Posts
Love the emblems I got from K5 Optima Store!! It took a little bit getting the old ones off, but once I figured a system, it was easy.

New emblems really add to the "mystery" of my car - especially since I also took off "Optima" and "SX T-Gdi" emblems as well. Gives it a cleaner look.

Thanks again for quick delivery and a fine product!

·
K5 Optima Store Vendor
Santa Fe/350z
726 Posts
Love the emblems I got from K5 Optima Store!! It took a little bit getting the old ones off, but once I figured a system, it was easy.

New emblems really add to the "mystery" of my car - especially since I also took off "Optima" and "SX T-Gdi" emblems as well. Gives it a cleaner look.

Wow, looks great! Loving the clean booty look ;)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #348

You are very welcome, and thank you for placing your order with us on the site.

Glad you love them, I think they completely change the look of your Optima for the better!!

Thanks for sharing pics here as well! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima EX GDI
87 Posts
I wanted to clean up the backend of my Optima so I removed all the badges and labels, dealer sticker etc. I ordered my Chrome and Carbon Fiber badges from our very own K5 Optima Store (and by the way - their shipping was VERY fast!). My K5 letters are OEM.

I really like the nice clean look!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
I wanted to clean up the backend of my Optima so I removed all the badges and labels, dealer sticker etc. I ordered my Chrome and Carbon Fiber badges from our very own K5 Optima Store (and by the way - their shipping was VERY fast!). My K5 letters are OEM.

I really like the nice clean look!

Great photos, thank you so much for sharing them for others to see.

Also, thank you for your business with us as well!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
3.0 K badge on the back of a '14 SX Turbo

Dustin, thank you for posting up this pics for the forum, and for your business with us.

If it's ok with you, I would love to add this pic to our site, as it really came out PERFECT! :cool:

Let me know if that is ok with you to post it on our site.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,036 Posts
LOL technically I shouldn't have posted the first two pics of my previous post in THIS thread since those depict the Black Edition badges and this thread is for the regular badges, but thanks for the praise!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #356

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,463 Posts
Thanks to K5OptimaStore, I finally re-badged (Front/Rear only) my '12 SX with the Chrome Carbon Fiber style 3.0 K badges. My OEM front badge had started to peel and rather than put OEM badges back on, I went with these. Because these are the official Korean logo used in Korea, I feel it's still "in the family". I'm rather proud of my car and proud of Kia for making it so I resisted changing it to any other badge (personal choice) because I still wanted to be a kind of "brand ambassador" to the masses and how they ought to think about this brand. Keep in mind that there is no actual carbon fiber in this particular badge, only a vinyl decal that mimics the CF look applied to the chrome logo - which is fine with me. I'd like to have seen an option to have some clear gloss applied to that part of the logo (at an extra cost - I'd pay it) for some better UV protection from fading of that part of the logo.

Anyway, I found the best way to get the badges off was to use a common hair dryer on high heat moving it from side-to-side until it is nice and hot. Then I used an old plastic credit card to get under the edges and a plastic trim popper tool to help wedge it off. Used Goo-Gone to clean up the old adhesive, 90% alcohol to clean up the painted metal area, dried it with the hair dryer on warm and attached the badges with lots of pressure working from the center outwards. That technique worked great for me. YMMV.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Thanks to K5OptimaStore, I finally re-badged (Front/Rear only) my '12 SX with the Chrome Carbon Fiber style 3.0 K badges. My OEM front badge had started to peel and rather than put OEM badges back on, I went with these. Because these are the official Korean logo used in Korea, I feel it's still "in the family". I'm rather proud of my car and proud of Kia for making it so I resisted changing it to any other badge (personal choice) because I still wanted to be a kind of "brand ambassador" to the masses and how they ought to think about this brand. Keep in mind that there is no actual carbon fiber in this particular badge, only a vinyl decal that mimics the CF look applied to the chrome logo - which is fine with me. I'd like to have seen an option to have some clear gloss applied to that part of the logo (at an extra cost - I'd pay it) for some better UV protection from fading of that part of the logo.

Anyway, I found the best way to get the badges off was to use a common hair dryer on high heat moving it from side-to-side until it is nice and hot. Then I used an old plastic credit card to get under the edges and a plastic trim popper tool to help wedge it off. Used Goo-Gone to clean up the old adhesive, 90% alcohol to clean up the painted metal area, dried it with the hair dryer on warm and attached the badges with lots of pressure working from the center outwards. That technique worked great for me. YMMV.
Thank you very much for your order with us, post up a pic or two when you have a chance to show others how it looks.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,463 Posts
Here are some recent pics of the front badge after a wash:
IMG_20180428_104841.jpg

And the rear:
IMG_20180428_104759.jpg

341 - 360 of 361 Posts