Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i purchased a valve cover and valve cover gasket for my grandmas kia optima 2012 ex 2.4 and i check the valve cover that i got and see now hole for the high pressure fuel pump. And then i later found out that i ordered the one for korean cars. My question is will the korean valve cover gasket not valve cover fit on the existing united states valve cover or will i need to order a U.S valve cover gasket?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,386 Posts
My first reply was why wouldn't it fit, same engines, so looked up Kia parts. Sure enough, not only the valve cover gaskets are different, but the valve covers are also different, different part numbers, different prices. However, when checking aftermarket gaskets there is no distinction made between US/Korean built, all the same. In fact, they list the one aftermarket part as a replacement for both Kia part numbers.

No smart enough to make a guess as to what Kia had in mind with the different numbers, so I'd eyeball the gasket and I'm going to say it will fit.

There is also the HP fuel pump gasket and seal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first reply was why wouldn't it fit, same engines, so looked up Kia parts. Sure enough, not only the valve cover gaskets are different, but the valve covers are also different, different part numbers, different prices. However, when checking aftermarket gaskets there is no distinction made between US/Korean built, all the same. In fact, they list the one aftermarket part as a replacement for both Kia part numbers.

No smart enough to make a guess as to what Kia had in mind with the different numbers, so I'd eyeball the gasket and I'm going to say it will fit.

There is also the HP fuel pump gasket and seal.
Yea bro its stupid in my opinion how they put that it will fit any 2.4 kia motor from 2011-2015 but then its diffrent for american built cars to korean built anyways im gonna risk it and just install the korean gasket.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wouldn't bet on it working. I have a Korean made and have had to send parts back that said they fit all versions. Struts, for example, have different sway bar link mount locations.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea bro its stupid in my opinion how they put that it will fit any 2.4 kia motor from 2011-2015 but then its diffrent for american built cars to korean built anyways im gonna risk it and just install the korean gasket.
Just eyeball it. If it looks like it fits, throw some gasket maker in there just incase. If it doesn't, make a gasket out of gasket maker LMAO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts