Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
12/2011 ROTM
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well obviously i did not get one with my car. Does kia have that where obviously you get the normal 2 sets owner keys, then a valet key? Every car i had or bought new in the last years did.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hmmmmm...

Good question!

There is absolutely no mention of a Valet key in the owners manual.

Now you have me wondering. :confused:

JC

·
12/2011 ROTM
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question!

There is absolutely no mention of a Valet key in the owners manual.

Now you have me wondering. :confused:

JC
I know..............right! Anybody has some info fill us in ASAP please.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know..............right! Anybody has some info fill us in ASAP please.
Valet keys are a thing of the past. Kia does NOT make any type of valet keys for any of there cars.

·
12/2011 ROTM
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Valet keys are a thing of the past. Kia does NOT make any type of valet keys for any of there cars.
Thing of the past every car in the past years had one. Also my girl has a Hyundai Elantra 2011. Her car came with a valet. So not from the past my friend.

·
12/2011 ROTM
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You use the glove box key to lock any valuables you may have.

Ha so you valet park your car, and your glove box is locked, So no valet key and he uses your key to open glove box as he parks car.

Makes no sense, that why i was wondering. Thats all:)

·
12/2011 ROTM
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just called kia. Some models do, figures our models dont..Total BS

·
Registered
110 Posts
Keylless entry question: I wonder what happens when the fob gets out of range, that is you turn your car over to valet parking, he drives off, does the car shut down? Or continue till it's turned off, then it is able to be locked with the door handle push button or hitting the door locks on the inside and shutting the door? Do valets lock the door anyway? You would have to turn your fob over to them to retrieve the car or get it yourself.

·
12/2011 ROTM
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes actually call kia about that. When I called he asked if i had that so maybe you can some sort of way

·
Registered
21 Posts
So what is the key that comes out of the smart key? I thought that was a valet key.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am the dumb ass that said the removable key locks the glove box. Sorry about that. EX does not even have a key hole for the glove box. The removable key does lock/unlock the drivers door. Tried it today. i think the key is for emergency. However, if the fob fails, you access the car with the key, will it start? Very strange?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am the dumb ass that said the removable key locks the glove box. Sorry about that. EX does not even have a key hole for the glove box. The removable key does lock/unlock the drivers door. Tried it today. i think the key is for emergency. However, if the fob fails, you access the car with the key, will it start? Very strange?
I know that if your Smart Key dies you can put it in the little opening on the left side in the glove box. This should let you start your car in an emergency.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I know that if your Smart Key dies you can put it in the little opening on the left side in the glove box. This should let you start your car in an emergency.
Yes, that's it exactly. If the fob fails, push the little button and pull out the key, insert in the opening next to the glove box and the push button starter will work.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Actually if the fob fails, you do need to pull the "real" key out to open the door, but then the whole fob goes in the slot in the glove box to start the car (so said my dealer).

·
12/2011 ROTM
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Think about it...only reasons would be if you had a key entry for glove box and for the trunk, you would be able to lock both. Not ours obviously.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The "Key" does this...

So what is the key that comes out of the smart key? I thought that was a valet key.
The "key" is used to open the doors and also you need it to enable/disable the child-proof door locks on the rear doors.

JC

·
Registered
21 Posts
The "key" is used to open the doors and also you need it to enable/disable the child-proof door locks on the rear doors.

JC
Thanks JC!

So I've looked for child-proof locks on the rear doors and never seen any kind of switch or anything. Where does that key go to child-proof the rear doors?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks JC!

So I've looked for child-proof locks on the rear doors and never seen any kind of switch or anything. Where does that key go to child-proof the rear doors?
I'm in the office, so I can't take a pic. But I will if you need me to. It's on the door sill right near the closing mechanism. it's a white plastic piece with a square hole in it. You put the key in and turn it. There is an arrow there I beleive to tell you which way is locked. I may not be explaining it well. If you need a pic I'll post it later, or if someone else can post one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts