Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima 2.4 mpi
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here and obviously a newbie in regards to car tinkering.
I need to use a catalytic system cleaner on my kia optima 2012 gcc 2.4 mpi and I need to know what vacuum line thd one i doodled in the picture.

thanks a lot

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,772 Posts
What type of catalytic converter cleaner do you have? Never used any, but most catalytic converter cleaners I've seen are liquid and placed in the fuel tank to clean the fuel system.

If a spray for cleaning the intake/valves you can spray into the pcv valve hose.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima 2.4 mpi
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type of catalytic converter cleaner do you have? Never used any, but most catalytic converter cleaners I've seen are liquid and placed in the fuel tank to clean the fuel system.

If a spray for cleaning the intake/valves you can spray into the pcv valve hose.
Hi there, I am planning to use mannol catalytic system cleaner. It comes with a needle that you need to poke into any intake lines. do you know what line that is?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,772 Posts
According to the directions:
Insert the infusion needle into the engine rubber air intake vacuum tube and hang the can upside down to start the infusion.

Looks as if they want you to put the needle through the large air intake, but don't say anything about repairing the hole, or maybe they believe it to be so small and the rubber is made out of elastic and will self repair??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts