Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rather than this getting lost in -- New Nav Software Site Thread -- I'll just update that MNS Sppt just told me another Update (14.10) is scheduled for October, with any planned Update subject to delay.

I called because after inserting new SD/ initial re-start & pressing System/Update for 14.5 I got a popup about it being the Same Version, Do I want to continue? Sppt said - because it was just mapping Data mods Vs Software changes for mine - that popup can occur. He also said IF it was showing mapping after New SD re-boot that it likely would access the Updated Mapping database WITHOUT actually Upgrading. Since it's working and there could be an Oct update again, I'll wait. FYI

IF anyone calls them for anything Ask about October & see if you're told the same thing.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
1,829 Posts
Did they say what the update was for? Like is it just bug fixes with zero change to the maps/data or interface?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,024 Posts
I called because after inserting new SD/ initial re-start & pressing System/Update for 14.5 I got a popup about it being the Same Version, Do I want to continue? Sppt said - because it was just mapping Data mods Vs Software changes for mine - that popup can occur. He also said IF it was showing mapping after New SD re-boot that it likely would access the Updated Mapping database WITHOUT actually Upgrading. Since it's working and there could be an Oct update again, I'll wait.
I got that same message when I inserted the SD card with the data I had downloaded earlier; went through with the upgrade anyway since Kia Nav site showed that the current MAP version is newer than the one I had in my car (before I went ahead and updated it). Post-upgrade I did get a pop-up dialog box stating that it would use Siri first (if phone connected to vehicle and using Apple CarPlay, and connected to the internet) for processing voice commands; TBH I can't remember if that pop-up box appeared after my previous upgrade earlier this year but I want to say I don't seem to recall seeing it back then.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Sppt guy first implied some software + map data changes, but it appeared to be 2nd-3rd hand versions he's "heard".
There's usually a PDF recap of changes when announced although what applies to you Vs others is iffy, too. How many current-to-latest Ver jumps you're making matters for what changes you see/get.
Makes no sense, though, to have Two close-together "just add map sites" Updates.

·
Registered
2016 Optima Optima EX 2.4
84 Posts
Will any of these "updates" Create the ability for my 2016 optima ex premium connect via Bluetooth to android auto instead of using plugged in cable? Or is that a hardware issue, and if it is, what's the fix?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
woodyth: [Will any of these "updates" Create the ability for my 2016 optima ex premium connect via Bluetooth to android auto instead of using plugged in cable? Or is that a hardware issue, and if it is, what's the fix? ]

IF nobody knows the answer here -- 800-333-4KIA (4542) = KIA Cust Sppt
They really want FAQ Email questions AND I got a reasonably fast Reply -- Online Support | Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website
MapNSoft -- 888-757-0010

1 - 7 of 7 Posts