Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always kept my key fob in my purse unless I was doing a repair on my car a few weeks ago & it was in my pocket & I washed it.. Since then I haven't had a chance to get a new one & have been inserting it in the dash to start it. (btw I put it in rice, dried it, & tried a few new batteries. I see the red dot but still wouldn't work). Last night I was in the middle of an emergency & someone drove up as I was getting out of my car. I wasn't paying attention & locked it in the car. What are my options? I have one of those things you slide in to open it but on my car idk if it'll work. I slid it in where the inside handle is & feel something but didn't want to mess it up. Can a locksmith open it? or Kia remotely open? Can I do it? I'm at a loss and so disgusted I did something so stupid.The LAST thing I want to do is contact my local dealer.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2014 KIa Optima Hybrid
4 Posts
You have probably already resolved this problem, but yes, a locksmith can easily open the car. I am not sure if our cars can be opened with a slim jim, which I assume is what you are talking about using to try to open the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts