Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima EX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for hours and have come to a decision of the HPS performance SAI (827-549WB) or the K&N CAI (69-5321TS) but can't decide which as I can’t find many reviews for my specific model. Just wondering if any other EX owners have put an aftermarket intake on and have seen actual gains or worsened MPG. Also living in FL there is not too much cold air year round making me lean towards the SAI, any opinions help thank you!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
I did end up going with the HPS, but soon I do want to get the kinetic motor sports exhaust from you guys!
No problem at all, sounds great. Just reach out directly, whenever you are ready, or if you ever have any questions about any of the products that we carry.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,493 Posts
I did end up going with the HPS, but soon I do want to get the kinetic motor sports exhaust from you guys!
Intakes on our cars dont add much to the bottom line. Its more about looks than anything and any choice will be a good choice. As for exhaust, the Kinetic is a good sounding one. you'll like it!

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
Intakes on our cars dont add much to the bottom line. Its more about looks than anything and any choice will be a good choice. As for exhaust, the Kinetic is a good sounding one. you'll like it!
LOL that is pretty much what I said in a different thread. Manufacturer dyno numbers are just that, numbers--yet some people will continue to claim that their butt dyno says otherwise. ;) Unless you drive most of the time in the higher-end of the RPM band you will never realize any increased performance from an aftermarket AI in normal day-to-day driving. Now if you combine it with a bunch of other proven high-performance mods, then maybe it'll help you win a numbers pi**ing contest over whose car has more total HP. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts