Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima LX 1.6T FWD 7-Speed Automated Manual
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what this is for? I was doing a quick fluid check and I noticed this on the intake. Im a little worried I’m missing a part, but it would be nice if it was just a thread left for aftermarket purposes. This is on my 2017 Optima LX 1.6TAny insight on it would help!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Tread

·
Registered
2017 Optima EX
218 Posts
yes sure looks like something is supposed to be bolted on right there. Does not look like a port there but something is mounted there. What mods has the engine seen? Maybe someone with that exact year/model can weigh in and take a photo.

I would redo your thread label:

"Is MY 2017 Optima LX 1.6 Missing a part on engine?"

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI
148 Posts
Find the same 2017 model and engine with all the bells and whistle options that were available back-then. The silver paint that still exists on the threads states nothing is missing under the hood of your ride. Otherwise, those threads would have the grayish paint missing and maybe even some rust residue there.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima LX 1.6T FWD 7-Speed Automated Manual
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes sure looks like something is supposed to be bolted on right there. Does not look like a port there but something is mounted there. What mods has the engine seen? Maybe someone with that exact year/model can weigh in and take a photo.

I would redo your thread label:

"Is MY 2017 Optima LX 1.6 Missing a part on engine?"
Thank you. Sorry it took so long to get back, but I’ll update the thread label and take a look at Kia’s parts website to see if I’m missing anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts