21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It was on a lift, hence the super fast install lol
Ahh this makes sense.

Sorry Maxie about the delay on responding your questions. Are your questions regarding installation on the rear sway bar? because i only see questions on the inbox regarding the installation on the carbon fiber rear diffuser.

1) Was it necessary to drill two small holes through the upper and lower tabs on both of the outer ends to zip tie the corners for better fitment? Reason I ask is, the guys at K5 Optima Store recommend drilling the holes and using zip ties.

The Kia diffuser has 2 screw points at the outer ends (corners) of each side of the diffuser. So I'm confused why there is a need to drill small holes and use zip ties on both outer ends unless of course the carbon fiber diffuser was not designed/equipped with these screw points?

A. Its really up to you how you want to set it up in my case i didn't use zip ties nor did i drilled holes in the outer ends.
I only push in the tabs into the bumper and put the two clips on the bottom of the diffuser that attaches to the bumper bracket.

2) Any key learnings or notes of caution you can pass along in regards to removing the Kia Diffuser and installing the Carbon Fiber Diffuser?

A. installation is really simple and quick. when removing the stock diffuser you would have to remove the screws that are on the sides of the
diffuser with a phillips screw driver theres one screw on each side then you would have to remove the two clips on the bottom of the diffuser that is attached to the bumper bracket and then slowly unclip the tabs to fully remove the diffuser. When putting the CF diffuser just snap the tabs in the bumper and put the two clips at the bottom.
I think his question was in fact related to the rear diffuser since he saw that you had also ordered it. I think he commented in here in an attempt to get in touch with you since he had pm'ed you already.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
[/CENTER]
David,
Photo #5 shows both the sway bar and rear lower bar. Upstream of the exhaust pipe close to the resonator is a middle lower bar, UR-ML2-1139. I would appreciate a quote on this piece?
Thank you for your interest in this part, I have sent you an email to follow up with pricing. However this part can be special ordered through our site directly.

Anyone interested in pricing can email us with the part number to [email protected]

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Do it! Just put one on my 2016 SX. Makes a big difference.
Thank you for this post. This is one of the most underappreciated products we carry.

I also had one on my 2012 Optima back in the day, and I agree, it makes a big difference.

Thank you for your business with us as well! :)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima SX T-GDI Korean Model
1,458 Posts
I was looking through some handling parts to purchase from David. UR offers so many components. I know David only carries the FST and Rear Sway Bar. David or any of you guys, what other parts do UR offers? And what do all those parts do with our FWD car? Should I get them. I daily drive my car but I also want a autox car.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
243 Posts
On your website, you list the rear sway bar for the 2011-2015 Optima as being 18mm. From my reading, the stock bar is 18mm and the UR bar is 20mm (part #UR-AR20-290). Is this correct?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
On your website, you list the rear sway bar for the 2011-2015 Optima as being 18mm. From my reading, the stock bar is 18mm and the UR bar is 20mm (part #UR-AR20-290). Is this correct?
It used to be this way. The stock bar is 15mm from what I understand.

Ultra Racing used to make them in the 20mm size, but they kept breaking.

So they started manufacturing them in Jan 2019 in the 18mm size, and we have had ZERO issues since.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
243 Posts
I guess I need to go measure my SX-T bar, because from what I've read, the SX and SXL's get a 18mm stock. The EX's get a 15mm bar.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I guess I need to go measure my SX-T bar, because from what I've read, the SX and SXL's get a 18mm stock. The EX's get a 15mm bar.
For sure, let me know what you find. Regardless, the OEM bar is hollow, whereas this one is solid, so it should make a significant difference either way.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
243 Posts
18.25mm on my calipers. I was not aware the stock bar was hollow. At some point I saw some torsion rates between the stock and aftermarket bars...do you have those?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
18.25mm on my calipers. I was not aware the stock bar was hollow. At some point I saw some torsion rates between the stock and aftermarket bars...do you have those?
Wow interesting, I wonder if this size is for all SX/SX-T models. Yes, they are hollow and very light weight in comparison.

I do not have that information, no I'm sorry.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts