Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Finally got around to taking some photos, the lighting in my garage is not so good so the quality of the photos are bit scratchy. Excuse my filthy engine bay :D

View attachment 142738 View attachment 142746 View attachment 142754
View attachment 142762 View attachment 142770

I removed the bar code sticker from the strut bar to give it a bit of a cleaner look.

View attachment 142778

Here's the only fitment issue with the strut bar, but it is very minor and requires little to no modification depending on whether you want to keep the diagnostic plug mounted in its original place. Check the image for some notes i made.

If you guys want any other pics, or cleaner pics, let me know and ill try to take some out in the daylight.
Pics are nice & clear, TUVM!

·
Vendor
2012 Kia Optima
1,816 Posts
Finally got around to taking some photos, the lighting in my garage is not so good so the quality of the photos are bit scratchy. Excuse my filthy engine bay :D

I removed the bar code sticker from the strut bar to give it a bit of a cleaner look.

View attachment 142778

Here's the only fitment issue with the strut bar, but it is very minor and requires little to no modification depending on whether you want to keep the diagnostic plug mounted in its original place. Check the image for some notes i made.

If you guys want any other pics, or cleaner pics, let me know and ill try to take some out in the daylight.
Thank you for posting the pics and tip about the diagnostic plug. That will be a great help for folks. Looks pretty good in your engine bay also. Thank you again for your support.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

View attachment 142778

Thank you so much for posting pics and this info as well.

Pics are nice & clear, TUVM!
:iagree:
[HR][/HR] We have now currently sold out of the 10 bars we just recently received in inventory. Good news though, we already have some more on the way. You can preorder now to reserve one before the new batch arrives.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima 2012 SX
44 Posts
Just ordered one of these.

I've seen pictures that have it installed along side an Injen SRI, which suits my needs perfectly.

I will try to post the finished install when I receive it!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just ordered one of these.

I've seen pictures that have it installed along side an Injen SRI, which suits my needs perfectly.

I will try to post the finished install when I receive it!
Thank you for your order with us!

Yes sir there will be no fitment issues with the Injen intake when running this bar.

Excellent, look forward to seeing some pics of it installed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2013 Kia LX
36 Posts
Here is a photo of the strut bar in my car. Installation was easy as well. Now driving around corners feels great and you feel planted to the ground and with your car. This was installed on a 2013 Optima LX. Thank you again, K5 Optima Store for yet another great product!

enginebay.jpg

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here is a photo of the strut bar in my car. Installation was easy as well. Now driving around corners feels great and you feel planted to the ground and with your car. This was installed on a 2013 Optima LX. Thank you again, K5 Optima Store for yet another great product!

View attachment 157505
Thank you for your order. You are very welcome and I hope you are enjoying it. :thumbsup:

[HR][/HR]Here is another customer submitted photo of the powder coated blue bar we offer. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima 2012 SX
44 Posts
Just completed my install!

I posted pictures here (Not sure how to post photos here?): Ultra Racing FTSB Installation - Album on Imgur

The bar itself came well packaged in multiple payers of bubble wrap and bags. However, there were some slight dings and nicks in the paint. These were fortunately on the rear of the bar, so are un-seen when installed.

Very easy installation from start to finish. 15-20min.

Step 0: Clean engine bay so you don't look like a COMPLETE slob
- Castrol Super Clean baby!

Step 1: Remove the nuts
- Nuts came undone at 45lb/ft, and I removed the two nuts on either side

Step 2: Alter the Diagnostic Adapter
- Remove the 10mm bolt from the diagnostic bracket
- I just took a set of pliers and bent the little L piece flat. This let me rotate and orient the plug however best fit.

Step 3: Install the bar
- Place strut tower bar onto drivers side bolts and hand tighten the two nuts only enough to grab the threads
- Reinstall the diagnostic bracket using the 10mm bolt and washer. Tighten.
- Go to the passenger side and pull/push the bar over the tower bolts. This required some persuasion by a rubber mallet to get onto the bolts enough for a nut to grab a thread.

Step 4: Torque the nuts
- Alternate bolt to bolt, driver's side to passenger side torquing up to between 40lb/ft and 50.6lb/ft
- I torqued to 45lb/ft, since that's what the bolts came off with. I will later re-torque.

Step 5: Go out for a rip
- Noticed a little more "eager" turn-in and it felt as though the front end now had enough grip to slightly lift the inside-rear tire under fast cornering.

Will do more hooning to verify results, but so far it feels pretty good!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
77 Posts
nice detail on the review CheeseDrink! This should def help others when making their decision on purchasing this, as well as myself since I've been considering purchasing this! Also really happy to hear it's an easy installation which often keeps people away from doing suspension mods. (they can be intimidating) I myself have done an insane amount of suspension work in the past. Mostly on my old 05 WRX. But now I'm gonna start doing suspension and handling mods on this car since I've gotten pretty far in the Performance and Appearance categories.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just completed my install!

I posted pictures here (Not sure how to post photos here?): Ultra Racing FTSB Installation - Album on Imgur

The bar itself came well packaged in multiple payers of bubble wrap and bags. However, there were some slight dings and nicks in the paint. These were fortunately on the rear of the bar, so are un-seen when installed.

Very easy installation from start to finish. 15-20min.

Step 0: Clean engine bay so you don't look like a COMPLETE slob
- Castrol Super Clean baby!

Step 1: Remove the nuts
- Nuts came undone at 45lb/ft, and I removed the two nuts on either side

Step 2: Alter the Diagnostic Adapter
- Remove the 10mm bolt from the diagnostic bracket
- I just took a set of pliers and bent the little L piece flat. This let me rotate and orient the plug however best fit.

Step 3: Install the bar
- Place strut tower bar onto drivers side bolts and hand tighten the two nuts only enough to grab the threads
- Reinstall the diagnostic bracket using the 10mm bolt and washer. Tighten.
- Go to the passenger side and pull/push the bar over the tower bolts. This required some persuasion by a rubber mallet to get onto the bolts enough for a nut to grab a thread.

Step 4: Torque the nuts
- Alternate bolt to bolt, driver's side to passenger side torquing up to between 40lb/ft and 50.6lb/ft
- I torqued to 45lb/ft, since that's what the bolts came off with. I will later re-torque.

Step 5: Go out for a rip
- Noticed a little more "eager" turn-in and it felt as though the front end now had enough grip to slightly lift the inside-rear tire under fast cornering.

Will do more hooning to verify results, but so far it feels pretty good!
Thank you for your business with us and for the review of the product as well.

nice detail on the review CheeseDrink! This should def help others when making their decision on purchasing this, as well as myself since I've been considering purchasing this! Also really happy to hear it's an easy installation which often keeps people away from doing suspension mods. (they can be intimidating) I myself have done an insane amount of suspension work in the past. Mostly on my old 05 WRX. But now I'm gonna start doing suspension and handling mods on this car since I've gotten pretty far in the Performance and Appearance categories.
Yeah I definitely think so too! Let us know if you have any questions about this.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
12 Posts
Finally Installed took about 20m to install. It was a tight fit had to slide the driver side first then the passenger side also had to move the diagnostic plug a little to the side to fit properly. Very happy with the end result looks nice in Candy Apple Thank You David
FSTB.jpg

BTW Had no problems on my end installing this on my 2015 SXL read about a few forum member had problems installing this

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,465 Posts
I too have installed this Ultra Racing FSTB and highly recommend it! :thumbsup:

Reactions: JasonS

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,499 Posts
Finally Installed took about 20m to install. It was a tight fit had to slide the driver side first then the passenger side also had to move the diagnostic plug a little to the side to fit properly. Very happy with the end result looks nice in Candy Apple Thank You David
View attachment 163242

BTW Had no problems on my end installing this on my 2015 SXL read about a few forum member had problems installing this
Looks gorgeous Alan!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
View attachment 163242

Alan, thank you so much for posting a picture and for your feedback on the installation. It is very frustrating because we've had a few customers with 2015 models say that they could not get the bar installed. However you and a few other customers have done it without any major issues, which is enough for me to list it back on the site as compatible on the 15 models. I think there may have been a strut/shock change on the 2015 models that might make the FSTB a little bit tighter to install. However it definitely still can be done.

I too have installed this Ultra Racing FSTB and highly recommend it! :thumbsup:
Thank you sir! Post a picture or two if you have a chance.

Looks gorgeous Alan!
:iagree:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts