Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
118 Posts
How long a wait time if an order comes in after all 4 are sold? Are these bars stocked stateside? TUVM!
yup, mine shipped out yesterday

K5OS always ships real quick too :thumbsup:

Can't wait till mine gets here tomorrow :D

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
118 Posts
Tightening torque:
53.9 ~ 68.6N.m(5.5 ~ 7.0kgf.m, 39.8 ~ 50.6lb-ft)

Torque specifications for the nuts, in case anybody needs it

Reactions: jery911

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
118 Posts
Jason S, TUVM! Seeking info on 2.4l fitment.
I just got mine installed. The bar is a really snug fit, i had to pull on the bar to make the bolts go through the bolt holes on one side of the bar. There's a slight bend to the bar towards the center of it, not sure if its part of the design, but mine came like that. Much like other threads discussed, the diagnostic plug still does get in the way of the FTSB. Just had to remove the bolt holding the diagnostic plug and I was good to go. Cornering with the FTSB is noticeably tighter, other than that, I have yet to notice any other handling changes.

I'll get pictures up tomorrow, It's too dark out to take them right now. Didn't have a wrench with torque measurements, so hopefully I don't run into any alignment issues.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
118 Posts
Finally got around to taking some photos, the lighting in my garage is not so good so the quality of the photos are bit scratchy. Excuse my filthy engine bay :D

Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Hood
Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Car Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Kia motors
Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Minivan

I removed the bar code sticker from the strut bar to give it a bit of a cleaner look.

Vehicle Auto part Car Wheel

Here's the only fitment issue with the strut bar, but it is very minor and requires little to no modification depending on whether you want to keep the diagnostic plug mounted in its original place. Check the image for some notes i made.

If you guys want any other pics, or cleaner pics, let me know and ill try to take some out in the daylight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts