Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Is proud to bring to the Optima community

The Ultra Racing Front Strut Tower Bar

(BUY NOW)

Description:

Increase traction and reduce body flex with this fantastic front strut bar from Ultra Racing

This strut bar does not have any moving joints like other strut bars out there

Constructed of 4mm-5mm steel plates for solid attachment

Now offered in 3 different powder coated options

Significantly improves handling & cornering

Uses original factory tower bolts

Quick & easy install

Vehicle Applications:

2011-2015 Kia Optima (All trims)
2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata (All trims)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These look pretty solid.... how long have these been out? Lol
Definitely solid, gotta love the 1 pc bars. These have been out for awhile, although we just started stocking them recently. We have only 4 left in stock now as we sold half a dozen of them in the first 24 hours of listing them on the site. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Definitely solid, gotta love the 1 pc bars. These have been out for awhile, although we just started stocking them recently. We have only 4 left in stock now as we sold half a dozen of them in the first 24 hours of listing them on the site. :thumbsup:
How long a wait time if an order comes in after all 4 are sold? Are these bars stocked stateside? TUVM!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
118 Posts
How long a wait time if an order comes in after all 4 are sold? Are these bars stocked stateside? TUVM!
yup, mine shipped out yesterday

K5OS always ships real quick too :thumbsup:

Can't wait till mine gets here tomorrow :D

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,500 Posts
I have one and would serious recommend. Also if you don't like or want white, you can grab some self etching spray primer and coat this thing. Then spray it with your favorite color of auto paint and you'll have your own custom FSTB in no time. But defiantly recommend this bar if you don't have a fstb yet.

·
Vendor
2012 Kia Optima
1,816 Posts
I have one and would serious recommend. Also if you don't like or want white, you can grab some self etching spray primer and coat this thing. Then spray it with your favorite color of auto paint and you'll have your own custom FSTB in no time. But defiantly recommend this bar if you don't have a fstb yet.
Very well said. Though if you decide to paint, I would mask off the little "Ultra Racing" plate that is in one of the pics above. Would be cool to keep that showing. Thanks Jason.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
118 Posts
Tightening torque:
53.9 ~ 68.6N.m(5.5 ~ 7.0kgf.m, 39.8 ~ 50.6lb-ft)

Torque specifications for the nuts, in case anybody needs it

Reactions: jery911

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Optima only not sonata?
I do not believe these fit the Sonata as well, but I will double check to be sure.

There should be no downtime at all if we can help it. Already have new ones on order now. We ship from Los Angeles, CA.

yup, mine shipped out yesterday

K5OS always ships real quick too :thumbsup:

Can't wait till mine gets here tomorrow :D
Thank you for that! Yes we ship same day if possible. Please make sure to post up some pics once installed as well.

Thanks Jason, I have to say after installing the FSTB on my Optima, I definitely noticed a change in the way the car handled.

Very well said. Though if you decide to paint, I would mask off the little "Ultra Racing" plate that is in one of the pics above. Would be cool to keep that showing. Thanks Jason.
:iagree:

Tightening torque:
53.9 ~ 68.6N.m(5.5 ~ 7.0kgf.m, 39.8 ~ 50.6lb-ft)

Torque specifications for the nuts, in case anybody needs it
Thank you for posting this up here btw! :thumbsup:

I WANT IT!!!!!!!!:newomg:
Come down and I'll hook you up with an in store discount. :cool:

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
185 Posts
Great product and great deal from K5 Optima Store. I've had mine for over a year now (bought from another vendor) and can say that it is really a nice solid bar.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,500 Posts
Like UR-TW2-1906 ??

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
118 Posts
Jason S, TUVM! Seeking info on 2.4l fitment.
I just got mine installed. The bar is a really snug fit, i had to pull on the bar to make the bolts go through the bolt holes on one side of the bar. There's a slight bend to the bar towards the center of it, not sure if its part of the design, but mine came like that. Much like other threads discussed, the diagnostic plug still does get in the way of the FTSB. Just had to remove the bolt holding the diagnostic plug and I was good to go. Cornering with the FTSB is noticeably tighter, other than that, I have yet to notice any other handling changes.

I'll get pictures up tomorrow, It's too dark out to take them right now. Didn't have a wrench with torque measurements, so hopefully I don't run into any alignment issues.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just got mine installed. The bar is a really snug, i had to pull on the bar to make the bolts go through the bolt holes on one side of the bar. There's a slight bend to the bar towards the center of it, not sure if its part of the design, but mine came like that. Much like other threads discussed, the diagnostic plug still does get in the way of the FTSB. Just had to remove the bolt holding the diagnostic plug and I was good to go. Cornering with the FTSB is noticeably tighter, other than that, I have yet to notice any other handling changes.

I'll get pictures up tomorrow, It's too dark out to take them right now. Didn't have a wrench with torque measurements, so hopefully I don't run into any alignment issues.
Ahhh, someone else w/an EX 2.4l besides Jay_B_II. Fitment on an '14 LX should not be a problem? Mahalo,RoK for chiming in! Looking forward to any pics you may provide!

·
Vendor
2012 Kia Optima
1,816 Posts
Great product and great deal from K5 Optima Store. I've had mine for over a year now (bought from another vendor) and can say that it is really a nice solid bar.
Thank you so much for posting this. We think so too!

ill go once i save up
Sounds like a plan.

I just got mine installed. The bar is a really snug fit, i had to pull on the bar to make the bolts go through the bolt holes on one side of the bar. There's a slight bend to the bar towards the center of it, not sure if its part of the design, but mine came like that. Much like other threads discussed, the diagnostic plug still does get in the way of the FTSB. Just had to remove the bolt holding the diagnostic plug and I was good to go. Cornering with the FTSB is noticeably tighter, other than that, I have yet to notice any other handling changes.

Thank you for posting this review. The bar from Ultra Racing is designed with the slight bend towards the center as you noticed. Thanks for offering to post up some pics when you have a chance.

Ahhh, someone else w/an EX 2.4l besides Jay_B_II. Fitment on an '14 LX should not be a problem? Mahalo,RoK for chiming in! Looking forward to any pics you may provide!
Yes indeed, it would appear that there is not an issue with the install on a 2.4L optima. Looking forward to more pics as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
118 Posts
Finally got around to taking some photos, the lighting in my garage is not so good so the quality of the photos are bit scratchy. Excuse my filthy engine bay :D

Untitled2.jpg Untitled3.jpg Untitled4.jpg
Untitled5.jpg Untitled6.jpg

I removed the bar code sticker from the strut bar to give it a bit of a cleaner look.

Untitled.jpg

Here's the only fitment issue with the strut bar, but it is very minor and requires little to no modification depending on whether you want to keep the diagnostic plug mounted in its original place. Check the image for some notes i made.

If you guys want any other pics, or cleaner pics, let me know and ill try to take some out in the daylight.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts