Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2016 optima lx and I bought the switchback LEDs from the K5 Optima store but I do not know where to wire the resistors, I looked across old posts on the forum but my connectors are different than the previous gen optima connectors. If anyone could help that would be awesome!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
You need to use a voltmeter or test light to properly identify the correct turn signal wire on the back of the headlight harness.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Ill try that! Have you heard of anyone having this issue?
Issue? No issue, this is what you need to do to install the load resistors. It's the same on all 2011-2020 Optima models.
(Not the same color wire, but I mean the same process of installing the load resistors when installing LED light bulbs)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed load resistors on the rear and I thought it would be the same doing it on the front but I noticed there was no wire connected to the socket and the plugs were different so I got a little scared!😂

Ill buy a test light and Ill fix that hyper flash! Thank you!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
I installed load resistors on the rear and I thought it would be the same doing it on the front but I noticed there was no wire connected to the socket and the plugs were different so I got a little scared!😂

Ill buy a test light and Ill fix that hyper flash! Thank you!
You're welcome, and yeah the front turn signal bulbs use surface mount contacts so they are powered from the actual headlight harness itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts