Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,458 Posts
Tow this to Kia and have them replace this. If this is at the turbo itself, it likely means the turbo bearing are not getting oil which is very bad.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tow this to Kia and have them replace this. If this is at the turbo itself, it likely means the turbo bearing are not getting oil which is very bad.
Not necessarily, if it’s the oil return line which I’m confident it is then the bearings are getting oil it’s just not returning to the oil pan I just would like someone to verify the part and help out as I’m not going to pay kia $250 to replace the part when it’s a $40-$60 part that I can just bolt on myself and it be fixed

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For sure return line. Number 8 in pic. I wish you the best of luck and wouldn’t drive it till it’s fixed.
For sure return line. Number 8 in pic. I wish you the best of luck and wouldn’t drive it till it’s fixed.
Thanks man I ordered the part and am currently not driving it.🥺 kia said it won’t be here until Tuesday but it seems like an easy replacement just a simple unbolt the old and bolt in the new if I’m correct

1 - 8 of 8 Posts