Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I’ve been looking around for tunes, and one crossed my path. I’ve been looking at the BTR tune for the 2012 Optima 2.0 turbo.
Some of the specs I have rn is a BOV sound plate, and Kinetic exhaust.
I have read about the tune, and says it’s mainly for stock injectors, and stock turbo. Is there any other specs I should look into before the tune. I know it also mentioned spark plugs, so for sure I would throw some of those in there.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
197 Posts
Not just spark plugs. You need to get the right ones. The wrong ones (stock ones) will cause issues. Most tunes suggest the m45xl HKS plugs. 120 for 4 of them. It's pretty non-negotiable.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @YSLK5

When it comes to tuning, there are several options out there.

BTR was really active in the community back in 2012-2014, but not so much anymore.

There have been some really good advances with some of the tuning options since back then.

Feel free to reach out to us here directly through email or telephone and we would be happy to help.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
1,145 Posts
BTR no longer support this platform much. The #1 tuning company here and in Korea for the Optimas is Lap3. Cannot go wrong with their proven tuning. Most of the KDM tuning guys are on FB. Try joining Optima Nation, Korean Automotive tuning association and a bunch of others. You will get answers to all your questions there. The forum is great but most of the tech stuff gets talked about on the Facebook groups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts