Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima Sedan - 4Door 5P; 2.4L - Theta 2; DOHC - GDI; Gasoline - Unleaded; Auto - 6 Speed 2W
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. Recently i adquired a kia optima 2013 and the front emblem was missing.

I buyed the emblem online, but honestly, i dont like the way it looks, so im trying to find
a front whitout the emblem like the one on the photo. Do someone know where i can found it or what can I do to it looks like the pic? Thank you

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
Don't know of any bumper that is available that doesn't have the indentation, but a body shop can do the job. Did some reading and some have used a metal plug with a stud that goes through the bumper and is slightly lower than the cover, then fill etc. but don't feel the plug would be permanently stable and unmoveable so surface could crack. Personally, I'm a fiberglass guy, cut indentation out, use fiberglass e.g. chopped strand mat on the back, then fill. I've even formed stiff steel wire to be used in the fiberglass for extra strength.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima Sedan - 4Door 5P; 2.4L - Theta 2; DOHC - GDI; Gasoline - Unleaded; Auto - 6 Speed 2W
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know of any bumper that is available that doesn't have the indentation, but a body shop can do the job. Did some reading and some have used a metal plug with a stud that goes through the bumper and is slightly lower than the cover, then fill etc. but don't feel the plug would be permanently stable and unmoveable so surface could crack. Personally, I'm a fiberglass guy, cut indentation out, use fiberglass e.g. chopped strand mat on the back, then fill. I've even formed stiff steel wire to be used in the fiberglass for extra strength.
Nice idea. Do you think filling it whit bondo will work>
Thank you

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,675 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @jhonny247

This is a member of the forums photo, where they had the hole filled in at a body shop. (As stated above)

This is not something you can purchase already done like this from Kia.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Optima Forums @jhonny247

This is a member of the forums photo, where they had the hole filled in at a body shop. (As stated above)

This is not something you can purchase already done like this from Kia.

-David
K5 Optima Store
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts