Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trunk latch broke and the cable is no longer attached to the locking mechanism and the lock is stuck in the locked position. Both seats are up and locked in does anyone know another way to get into trunk?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Look on the left side of the trunk deck (right side if you're facing it)

This is the seat you want:

Behind the headrest, in back of the seat proper, is a plastic plug with a certain symbol:

Pry it up, and there's a cable loop inside. Pull that, and the trunk should open.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

View attachment 249379

Behind the headrest, in back of the seat proper, is a plastic plug with a certain symbol:

View attachment 249380

Pry it up, and there's a cable loop inside. Pull that, and the trunk should open.

This is not available on my car

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
699 Posts
If the dealer says they don't have specific experience to enter the "broken-lock" trunk (vs experiment @ $100+/hr) I'd call a locksmith + ask the charge if he comes and can't get in.

·
Registered
621 Posts

View attachment 249379

View attachment 249380

Awesome easy to follow solution!!(y)

Reactions: JasonS
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.