Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked behind the headrest no area for trunk release like I seen on older models I can hear the wanting release but does not open checked the fuses and there good idk asking before I take it in to the dealer

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
Have done research on this before and I come away scratching my head. Can get into a car when the alarm needs to be reset, but that pesky trunk on the new models without the release cable behind the rear seat, I just don't know. Hopefully you'll find out when the dealer/tech is able to get the lid up and report back.

·
Registered
2019 Optima SX
81 Posts
Great idea! I thought it was the same as the earlier models, no slot.
With a 2019 SX, there are 5 ways to open the trunk:
1. Press the button on the dash
2. Use the remote
3. Have the Smart Trunk feature open it for you
4. Use the manual release if the car is unlocked
5. User the regular key (slot is located above license plate near back-up camera, key goes in vertically)

Since yours will not open even with the key, a trip to the dealer may be in your future. Try one more time with the key, and while turning the key, pull firmly upward on the trunk. Or try pressing down on the trunk while turning the key, a latch plate may be out of adjustment causing it to bind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a 2019 SX, there are 5 ways to open the trunk:
1. Press the button on the dash
2. Use the remote
3. Have the Smart Trunk feature open it for you
4. Use the manual release if the car is unlocked
5. User the regular key (slot is located above license plate near back-up camera, key goes in vertically)

Since yours will not open even with the key, a trip to the dealer may be in your future. Try one more time with the key, and while turning the key, pull firmly upward on the trunk. Or try pressing down on the trunk while turning the key, a latch plate may be out of adjustment causing it to bind.
Yea did all the above guess I'll be going to the dealer thanks guys really appreciate the help

·
Registered
7 Posts
I checked behind the headrest no area for trunk release like I seen on older models I can hear the wanting release but does not open checked the fuses and there good idk asking before I take it in to the dealer
I have a 2015 and the manual release is located on the drivers side door right next to the fuel release. As an FYI last year my fuel door had the symptoms as your trunk. After researching a bit I found the problem was the fuel door actuater. I ordered a replacement for around $35 and installed it myself. Wondering if maybe your issue might turn out to be similar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts