Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last 3 days I’ve went out to get in my vehicle and the trunk is open. I was also doing sitting in garage and heard a click looked over and the trunk popped open... can anyone help me with this???

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,347 Posts
Check the configuration of your pants pockets. I had the same issue, because my pants would compress the key fob against the other stuff in my pockets, pressing and holding random buttons, including the trunk unlock.

Mostly happened when doing yard work or other kneeling/squatting movements.

You won't see evidence of the doors unlocking later on, because the doors are smart and re-lock themselves. But the trunk just remains popped open.

By any chance do you have lots of keys on a keyring, or a hard/metal wallet that pushes against the keyfob?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the configuration of your pants pockets. I had the same issue, because my pants would compress the key fob against the other stuff in my pockets, pressing and holding random buttons, including the trunk unlock.

Mostly happened when doing yard work or other kneeling/squatting movements.

You won't see evidence of the doors unlocking later on, because the doors are smart and re-lock themselves. But the trunk just remains popped open.

By any chance do you have lots of keys on a keyring, or a hard/metal wallet that pushes against the keyfob?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Key fob is in the house ... it doesn’t do it if the doors are locked. I took batteries out of key fob and it still does it

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,811 Posts
This has come up many times in the past on the forum here.

I believe in nearly all of those cases, the button was getting pressed by accident while in the pants.

However, I realize after you said the remote is in the house, that this probably is not the issue you're having.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The last 3 days I’ve went out to get in my vehicle and the trunk is open. I was also doing sitting in garage and heard a click looked over and the trunk popped open... can anyone help me with this???
I had to disconnect my rear trunk rubber switch to prevent this. It gets old/rusty. I took off the upper lid liner and just disconnected at the wiring connection point. It stopped doing it. You may want to replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts