Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima SX T-GDI Korean Model
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car back with this set up. Oh man, it’s so much smoother driving this set up. So much better with OEM.

My only problem is that I’m rubbing now. I used to not rub with OEM struts. Do you guys know why?

I’m on 20x8.5 ET 40 with 245/35/20. Only rubs in the front, what do you guys think?

Do I have to get 235 tires to clear this? I thought this set up is less aggressive than my 1.5 drop with Megan.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS does Truhart makes the upper wheel outward? Lol hope it’s not a stupid question.

If it is, can an alignment adjust that back to factory?

·
Registered
248 Posts
"Just got my car back with this set up." If you had someone install this for you take it back and have them look at the rubbing.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably gonna put the OEM wheel on with my garage line 20mm spacers to see if it rubs. I think the truhart with Eibach def dropped more than 1.5” in the front. I never had any rubbing (only on big dips) with OEM strut with Megan. So this set up either dropped more or it has more positive camber.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turbonut, thank you.

Quick question though, they did an alignment, why they didn’t change camber? How much negative camber should I let them dial to? Without any aftermarket camber bolts?

·
Registered
2015 Optima
485 Posts
FWIW, my TruHart's w Eibach springs on my 15 LX.. with stock wheels, it sat reeaaally low in front, almost tucked looking. But since I was w stock wheels (205/60 16x6.5 et41) I was narrow enough and inset enough to clear fine.

Now w my 235/40 19x8.5 et35, I don't think would have fit w truhart & eibachs.. with the D2's installed, I had the fronts raised up quite a bit and the rear actually came down just a little compared to the truhart & Eibach.

With truhart & Eibach, I had quite a raked look, nice and mean, but I wasn't quite happy w the look most of the time. Now it's an even wheel gap from front to back, and I am quite pleased at the look

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just double check on the set up again. It looks the same to me in terms of the height and camber, not sure why it rubs now not before.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,458 Posts
FWIW: I run the Sonata Eibach springs on TruHart struts with Advanti A4 Kudo 18"x8" (ET40) wheels with 225/45R18 tires. No rubbing or other issues. Does not look like negative camber and alignments are fine without the special camber bolts in the front.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The shop didn’t even include that. :(. I’m going in tomorrow morning. I’m going to ask them to redo my alignment. I’ll be putting on my 18s with spacers on today.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Talked to the shop, they are going to replace the fender liner which were destroyed during fender rolling. The rubbing noise I got is actually the plastic transferring the impact to the metal fender, if that make sense. I just don’t like the sound period. The new plastic fender liner will solve the bigger tire issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts